• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Talion Exb

16 minutes ago, Acidsnow said:

Those spectrum esc's do seem a bit burny just a bit too often for ma liking. Hope there wasn't too much other damage Tanveer. 

Wonder if the fan packed in?

Last run out I noticed the motor was getting quite toasty. Why they don’t fit a fan with the heat sink is a mystery to me! Needs it especially with it being a “speed truggy”. Fitted one now so we’ll see if it that cools things down a bit!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LunsfordRich said:

Last run out I noticed the motor was getting quite toasty. Why they don’t fit a fan with the heat sink is a mystery to me! Needs it especially with it being a “speed truggy”. Fitted one now so we’ll see if it that cools things down a bit!

Because fans mask a problem and arent a great idea. The real issue, its over geared, but they wont gear down the RTR as then they cant plaster ‘70mph+*’ on the box. 

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Depends what you call "toasty", got a temp gun?

No mate but I was going by the 4 second rule. Stick your finger on it and if you can hold it there without it burning it’s probably ok. It was getting close from what I felt! Regardless why would they not fit one on there anyway? Just seems silly it’s not like it would affect the pricing that much plus they’ve already fitted a heat sink and the extra lead for a fan. 

4 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Because fans mask a problem and arent a great idea. The real issue, its over geared, but they wont gear down the RTR as then they cant plaster ‘70mph+*’ on the box. 

The 70mph+ is with the optional pinion that’s not fitted but in the box with some other bits and pieces. 

17 minutes ago, LunsfordRich said:

No mate but I was going by the 4 second rule. Stick your finger on it and if you can hold it there without it burning it’s probably ok. It was getting close from what I felt! Regardless why would they not fit one on there anyway? Just seems silly it’s not like it would affect the pricing that much plus they’ve already fitted a heat sink and the extra lead for a fan. 

If it didn't scald, it ain't that hot, I certainly wouldn't be worried. 

I used to fit fans to everything because everybody else was, now I don't bother because they're not needed on my rigs. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tug said:

If it didn't scald, it ain't that hot, I certainly wouldn't be worried. 

I used to fit fans to everything because everybody else was, now I don't bother because they're not needed on my rigs. 

Aye it was probably ok. That been said surely promoting a lower operating temp should help the longevity of the motor.

47 minutes ago, LunsfordRich said:

Aye it was probably ok. That been said surely promoting a lower operating temp should help the longevity of the motor.

Yes, maybe, but they're engineered to operate at a given max temp. Besides, nothing lasts forever. 

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Yes, maybe, but they're engineered to operate at a given max temp. Besides, nothing lasts forever. 

True, fan seems to have done the trick. Runs hotter with Gens Ace lipos than the others but that’s probably the current flow id assume.