• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MSUK-Forum Crawl About! West Yorkshire @ 29th May

Nick

WHAT IS IT?

We are hosting an informal meet for crawling, all are welcome to this event who have a scale / crawler RC - there is space to use other RCs but you will probably be missing out the main fun!

We will be setting some small/fun challenges on the day. Maybe some little prizes... maybe just for an ego boost. :lol:

WHERE IS IT?

The car park is bang in the middle of the action! See the Google Maps marker here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Penistone+Hill+Country+Park,+Haworth,+Keighley+BD22+9RH/@53.8233865,-1.9701215,660m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x59cc7765be98759!8m2!3d53.8234585!4d-1.9694585

Haworth, Keighley BD22 9RH

There is other parking nearby, which is about a 5min walk away, so we shouldn't have issues with parking.

It is a hilly/rocky environment, so good footwear is recommended.

WHEN IS IT?

Sunday 29th May at 10am. There is no "end" time, it's a public place, you can stay as long as you like! 🙂 We hope to be there for a few hours.

PLEASE NOTE

• Please be mindful of other people, this is a popular area for walkers and dogs
  • Bring some grub and drinks, there are no stores or toilets here. The nearest town of Haworth is 5min drive away and is lovely, plenty of stores/cafes if you want to pop out for lunch.
  • Leave the place as you found it, be respectful
  • Lets relax and enjoy ourselves! 😄

Cheers.

• Like 3

Myself and my Wife should be up for this providing nothing else is going on that i might be overlooking, i live fairly close and happy to help out, i have gate markers so happy to mark out a gated course, and @Nick thanks for getting a date set on this first MSUK meet, maybe @tomr can do the drive down for it

• Like 2

What overnight accomadation is there nearbye ?

If myself and lad come would have to travel on the Saturday stay overnight and travel back on the Sunday as its a 5 hour drive

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

If myself and lad come would have to travel on the Saturday stay overnight and travel back on the Sunday as its a 5 hour drive

I would guess nearest is in Keighley travelodge about 10 miles out

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

There's a premier Inn (about 8 miles out) and travel lodge (about 5.5-6 miles in Keighley but the tourist hot spot of Haworth has loads of bhbs for those with deeper pockets,

I'm Keighley based and penistone hill is my playground so weather permitting I'll be up with something that falls into the other vehicles category

• Like 3

On 25/04/2022 at 19:48, Jack Reacher said:

Myself and my Wife should be up for this providing nothing else is going on that i might be overlooking, i live fairly close and happy to help out, i have gate markers so happy to mark out a gated course, and @Nick thanks for getting a date set on this first MSUK meet, maybe @tomr can do the drive down for it

Nah no good for me mate it’s a 5hr round trip 

• Like 2

Great responses so far. :good:

On 25/04/2022 at 19:48, Jack Reacher said:

Sounds good! How many gate markers do you have? I'm wondering if we just put them up as we see good places, I'll be there earlier though just to get nested if you want to come for just after 9 perhaps.

(also explain how gate markers work for us none-crawler folks :lol: do we just have to drive through them?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nick said:

Great responses so far. :good:

Sounds good! How many gate markers do you have? I'm wondering if we just put them up as we see good places, I'll be there earlier though just to get nested if you want to come for just after 9 perhaps.

(also explain how gate markers work for us none-crawler folks :lol: do we just have to drive through them?)

I have 16 pairs of markers, they are numbered , so what we do is use them the pre define a set course, usually over a kinda 15-20 metre area, sometimes we will set out a course and when its been completed by every one move it a little.

I take it you built your crawler now

markers.JPG

Edited by Jack Reacher
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Nick said:

Ah okay. Sounds great. 🙂

No I don't have a crawler but plan to by this event!!! :lol:

cool, any idea what your gonna get? BTW do you want me to tell the Yorkshire RC Beasts group, a few of them will likely turn up, good lads

8 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

cool, any idea what your gonna get? BTW do you want me to tell the Yorkshire RC Beasts group, a few of them will likely turn up, good lads

Welcome to invite who you like. 🙂 Just let them know we have a forum too. :lol:

Leaning towards a TRX-4. I'm a sucker for Traxxas, they are good and parts and hopups easy to get.

• Like 2

On 28/04/2022 at 18:26, Nick said:

Welcome to invite who you like. 🙂 Just let them know we have a forum too. :lol:

Leaning towards a TRX-4. I'm a sucker for Traxxas, they are good and parts and hopups easy to get.

have you got your crawler yet, time is ticking

• Like 1