• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Finally Back!!

Pistonpower

Evening Folks, What have i missed.

After being absent for some years i am finally back, bought myself a Xmaxx 8S to get back into the Hobby, as some of you might remember i was very much into the 1.5th scale Petrol RCs specifically HPI BAJA & FG, but have now shifted into the electric RC world.

Had my first run today in my 8S Xmaxx but something seems to be missing shes not as quick as i thought she would be well not as quick as they look on Youtube, she doesn't seem to have the same poke as a petrol RC car, ive been reading  on the forum you can switch up  the gearing to give it abit more grunt 

What gearing would you recommend to make it quicker, or just in general what can you upgrade,  I will be using it mainly for bashing/jumping and flat ground 

Setup Currently is stock, Stock ESC/8S MOTOR. 8s traxxas lipos 

Thanks in advance and its good to be back, ill be sure to post more updates as time goes on.

Edited by Pistonpower
  • Like 2

Welcome back!

I’ve recently been working on my Xmaxx. There’s a dedicated thread if you haven’t already stumbled across it. You should be able to find some answers to your questions there:

I’m running 46/22 gearing with stock motor. I have found I needed to upgrade the esc to stop heat issues. 

a word of advice; don’t be tempted to use the self right function - your tyres will tear themselves apart!! Otherwise, they’re awesome fun 😁