• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Texan videos

tomr

• tomr changed the title to FTX Texan videos
9 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Cracking run fella, looks to run well, those tyres really suit it.........great video

Cheers buddy 🍻 it’s probably my cheapest rig yet possibly my favourite 🤩 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomr said:

Cheers buddy 🍻 it’s probably my cheapest rig yet possibly my favourite 🤩 

I say the same for the high-rock. They feel and drive really nice, few issues but those are quite easy to sort.
And with your direct shock setup the same chassis now. They can be a bit top heavy, would get it to droop as low as possible and it will perform better with some 25qid metal axles transform it into a really planted crawler.

Edited by Redback

58 minutes ago, Redback said:

I say the same for the high-rock. They feel and drive really nice, few issues but those are quite easy to sort.
And with your direct shock setup the same chassis now. They can be a bit top heavy, would get it to droop as low as possible and it will perform better with some 25qid metal axles transform it into a really planted crawler.

Cheers Redback I’ll set about getting it as low as pos tomorrow, I know taking the wheel of the back will help but kinda like the way it looks with on lol 

Where you getting your parts from, is it aliexpress?

9 minutes ago, Redback said:

I tend to by from the uk. https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-outback-fury-hi-rock-alloy-axle-housing-front-rear-1pc--447268
RGT EX86110 would be the model on ali express i would guess. Its the same drive line as the highrock so same parts.

Bit of a bargain them 👍🏻 had to double check my eyes weren’t playing up, I’ll get them from Modelsport at those prices .

Cheers

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Redback said:

I tend to by from the uk. https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-outback-fury-hi-rock-alloy-axle-housing-front-rear-1pc--447268
RGT EX86110 would be the model on ali express i would guess. Its the same drive line as the highrock so same parts.

Are you running those axles? if so did you keep the knuckles plastic ? 

2 hours ago, tomr said:

Are you running those axles? if so did you keep the knuckles plastic ? 

I am running them but they are on the gatekeeper right now, i did use the plastic at the start but upgraded every bit to metal.
The metal steering is a bit longer than stock for some reason, so i needed to make a new one, again used the element steering bar with traxxas rod ends.
IMAG1881.jpg

Edited by Redback
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Redback said:

I am running them but they are on the gatekeeper right now, i did use the plastic at the start but upgraded every bit to metal.
The metal steering is a bit longer than stock for some reason, so i needed to make a new one, again used the element steering bar with traxxas rod ends.
IMAG1881.jpg

Thanks a lot mate 👍🏻

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

That was going really well there :good:

Have you weighted the wheels ?

How are you finding the slightly wider stance of new wheels ?

Love the wider stance and extra stability, I think this is the setup I’ll be keeping , it’s a beast lol

Nah didn’t bother adding any weight’s to the wheels but I am running an alloy rear axle 

Cheers mate 👍🏻

• Like 1