• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

E Revo 2.0 round 2…

Soo, added a Max 6 and a new Servo, however going to need an alloy horn and an ESC Mounting Plate 

Dont we all wish Traxxas sold trucks like this. 

cah3NBT.jpg

ORS0NB9.jpg

Ve2qEaP.jpg

esuImXL.jpg

Also need to gear up, I forgot to bring my pinion and spur box….

• Like 2

Just noticed, the Revo mustve been updated at some point, this is my old one:

xIVKDO2.jpg

tUoZqFM.jpg

New E Revo (well this one I have?) has lots of plastic shell protection??

I cant see any pictures of it online?

Heres my new one?

vzpN3eG.jpg

KgFEwyX.jpg

Looks like TRX8610 is standard now

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/318762/?gclid=CjwKCAjw9qiTBhBbEiwAp-GE0Q_XGD8cKb2u-ItijCRTJddYXvDlOimXXy05wU32Khg6yrResYQBhhoCZysQAvD_BwE

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

So hoping to give this a try against the Sledge tomorrow, weather dependant…..

So gear up and mount the Max 6:

peBOVac.jpg

iEx8W03.jpg

No more pictures, but its finished, using 19/50 gearing (steel) as I had it on hand. Its Traxxas monkey metal, so will be upgraded to GDS soon…..

However, after much throwing my toys out the pram, it appears the RX is dead. Obviously no idea if this is something Ive done, or was broke but Ive got no come back and already left feedback. Lesson learnt and Ive ordered an FRg4S and and will run my Noble NB4….

• Like 1

HeSyI3V.jpg

The E Revo survived the first bash!

I need to sort the steering out, think Ill wait till Ive got it on my Noble however and sort it properly. 

Quite happy, just going to leave it alone till I break something. 

It was quick though, 48mph on dead lipos off road. 

S0BUVdV.jpg

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Have you had any trouble with your first one with toe links / push rods?  I understand they are / can be a weak point on the Revo?

The stock shock shaft eyelets are prone to pulling off and threading. People rectify it with Shock Limiting Springs. I also threadlocked alloy shock ends on, but Im not going to that until/if I need too.

The Revo (like the Savage) has toe links on the rear, and uses the same hubs front and rear. People break the toe link (either at the hub or the bulkhead) which isnt ideal but I  never had an issue with that, I do remember pulling the pillow balls through the hubs though.....

I think my issue last time was I just read too much forum stuff. I changed shock springs/oil/ride height/pushrods based on the internets opinion before actually using it, trying not too this time, although I have changed the electrics. I really wanted to run TSM on this too...

• Like 1

That's interesting, really depends on how hard you are on your rig, as with any RC I guess.  I know if you start looking online, you get all manner of 'essential' upgrades, which in most cases, are simply not needed.  I put the third 4S pack through the Maxx just before the B/H weekend, and the truck was a real blast, did some fast/crazy (ground level-ish) stuff, some jumps, wheelies etc, and I have to say it didn't put a foot wrong.  Interestingly, based on what you said about Google/forums etc, I have yet to roll the truck in a turn...and its the standard / original width.  Before I bought it, I was sure I'd have to go widemaxx before anything else, but as it is, with where I run the truck i.e. loose, loamy, gravelly terrain, it just drifts.  Three packs through and no rollovers.  I realise that wouldn't be the case on grippier surfaces, but I'll only ever run mine on earth, gravel etc, so widemaxx simply isn't needed.

Be interesting to see how you get on with this truck on the second attempt.  I've always liked the Revo due to its slightly unusual design, just nice to have something a bit different from an engineering perspective, that can cut it as a decent basher.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tanveer said:

I loved every minute of owning mine. Only thing that put me off in the end was having to run dual lipos. I prefer using 4s packs.

Yea, thats not ideal, but Ive got 9 3s packs so not too bad. I do prefer running singles however