• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Can I use beadlock wheels on my 1/10th rally cars?

Cuiken

I'm really enjoying my XV-01 and PTG-2 cars right now but the tyre wear is nuts. There are a quite a few places selling bulk lots of rally tyres (like 24 tyres in a pack) that look good but then I'd need to buy and glue 24 wheels/rims.

As an alternative I was thinking I could get a set of beadlocks and keep swapping new tyres onto those. Has anyone tried something like this?

Cheers.

Mixed terrain but with some tarmac. I think it's the tarmac doing all the damage 😄

Went through a full set of road tyres today in just two packs on my PTG2.

Yes beadlocks will fit, although most tires i found dont like beadlocks. For context i got gmade 1.9 beadlocks to fix the fasttrax rally block tires.
They will however pull out the bead from to much rpm or hard turning rolling the sidewalls out of the beadlock.
IMG_20210205_105259.thumb.jpg.5314a5f27aebcd969b24afd83a249351.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/04/2022 at 14:03, Redback said:

Yes beadlocks will fit, although most tires i found dont like beadlocks. For context i got gmade 1.9 beadlocks to fix the fasttrax rally block tires.
They will however pull out the bead from to much rpm or hard turning rolling the sidewalls out of the beadlock.
IMG_20210205_105259.thumb.jpg.5314a5f27aebcd969b24afd83a249351.jpg

Thanks for sharing this. Shame it’s not totally robust. Those wheels look great.

What chassis is that btw?

19 hours ago, Cuiken said:

Thanks for sharing this. Shame it’s not totally robust. Those wheels look great.

What chassis is that btw?

It really looked nice with the metal beadlocks too imo. It's an ftx banzai drift car, great value for its price.