• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ’s Hobao Hyper GTS Nitro

.AJ.

Turns out the diffs had oil in them, but not a lot, I’ve gone for 15k in the front and 5k in the rear, also ordered some 25% Nitro fuel, so hopefully I’ll be out again with it soon and fingers crossed that I now I understand the 2 speed more I can get it to shift gears 👍 

• Like 1

Dunno, I think it was stuck in 1st, the set screw holding the 2 speed hub to the shaft of the spool was also loose, we will soon find out, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t work now. Also I’ve not touched the LSN yet, the engine manual says to lean it out half a turn when fully run it, so that should make a huge difference to the acceleration 👍  

Yep, can’t wait to go out again, I love the fact you have to work for the performance, no just sticking a lipo in and mashing the throttle. Getting a nitro has changed my whole outlook on RC, I’m totally in love with the hobby again 😃 

• Like 1

I used to love nitros years ago but getting to old for the faffing about to get them going good lol

Gimme leccy and lipos nowadays lol:rofl:

But good nitro has got you totally into the hobby again :good:

The diffs on mine were virtually empty when I got mine(brushless roller).I don't have a clue about diff oil weights on an on road car so I looked into what most use in the infraction/felony.I ended up with 100k/500k/100k.Very heavy weights but it poweslides perfectly in the car park but I would imagine the diff weights would be very different between brushless and nitro.

Edited by martin34
  • Like 1

• .AJ. changed the title to AJ’s Hobao Hyper GTS Nitro

Good to see it being enjoyed, can't beat the sound, smell and satisfaction of a good running nitro.  For those of us who lack time however... and then there's cleaning if you're a stickler like AJ.  Def picked the best colour did 53hra - the blue to me looks a little cheap once it gets that used look.  

Almost makes me want to run one of my two nitro GT's and not perpetually weigh up sticking a 2650kv Castle in them.

• Like 1

Went out again this morning, couldn’t really get it running right, all ive really done is change to 25% and add the primer bulb, I wouldn’t have thought either would have caused an issue, but even back at factory settings it still didn’t run right, plenty of top end but low was terrible and boggy. Then while I was messing about some idiot horse rider decided to have a go at me, needless say that did go down well and they were reminded it was a public car park and I had just as much right to be there as them.

Then when i thought I was getting somewhere the steering servo jammed up 😂😂😂

So looks like I’ll get some 20% like I used to run it in with and start again on the tune 👍 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

years ago, alot of people used to have problems tuning that engine, i cant recall but i am sure i had that engine too and i was getting some trouble tuning that, cant remember if i managed to tune it or sold it as is 😄 

• 11 months later...