• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ’s Hobao Hyper GTS Nitro

.AJ.

The only issues I had was the set screw holding the the mount for the pipe fell out, so I’ve scraped the underside of the pipe and I also struggled to prime the engine, so i took the pipes off the carb and pipe and blew down the return pipe to prime, think I’ll get one of the little squeeze primer bulb  thingys lol

E4563844-596-B-49-EC-991-C-D06644926-FF0

I used those we bulb primers they are pretty good 

Before i started using the bulb i used to open the throttle manually then prime it and switch radio gear on except 1 time i forgot to switch on and started engine 

It of course took of like a scalded cat with me running trying to catch it and didnt help with Yrkoon rolling about laughing :rofl:

• Haha 3

The place I ran today is the car park for the bmx track and skate park in all my other vids, it’s great place, it’s far enough away from any housing to get any complaints and literally 4 cars turned up in the 3 hours I was there. It can get busy in the afternoons though if the weather is nice, but for morning sessions it’s normally really quiet 👍 

I’m going to keep an eye out on a decent secondhand MT, I would rather a Hyper MT over a Savage tbh 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

The place I ran today is the car park for the bmx track and skate park in all my other vids, it’s great place, it’s far enough away from any housing to get any complaints and literally 4 cars turned up in the 3 hours I was there. It can get busy in the afternoons though if the weather is nice, but for morning sessions it’s normally really quiet 👍 

I’m going to keep an eye out on a decent secondhand MT, I would rather a Hyper MT over a Savage tbh 

i still need to try find a place for when i do get a nitro 🙂 

i completely forgot about the hyper MT, i would also choose that over savage.

savage was bit of a pain when stripping, the hyper MT looks quite simple.

• Like 1

Just now, .AJ. said:

The Revo 3.3 is also nice truck, but again I would prefer a Hyper MT 

i had a revo years ago, i really liked that truck but i couldnt tune the engine no matter what i did. i just boiled it down to faulty engines as i had no problems tuning other engines.

hopefully you will find one mate 🙂 

about your hyper gt shell, will you be like me? just use a battered shell instead of using your new shell?

i do the same with the wheels too, new things for ornament kind of thing.

5 tanks through it so is that you reaching the tuning stage now ?

Are you using Opti fuel ?

If you are remember (you prob have) that its a bit smokier than other fuels

Anyway have fun with it mate :good:

• Like 1

Yeah Opti RTR, I had to lean it out straight away to get it to move, on factory settings it wouldn’t move, it would bog and then stall. I’ve got enough fuel left for about another 4 tanks, so I’ll probably do one more tank on the settings I have now and then lean it out a bit more 👍 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

Yeah I recommend staying away from the Savage unless it's a decent used one 😭🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Just spoken to chap on fb and I’ve taken the 2 speed out of the car, it all makes a bit more sense, one of the set screws was lose, so looks like it was stuck in one gear 👍 

• Like 3