• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Sledge……

I’m in two minds about the sledge. In one sense surely part of the fun is upgrading parts as they break. Essentially you’re just paying a premium to short cut that. That said it’s horses for courses I guess. If you want to spend more time bashing and less tinkering then you pays ya money and makes ya choice!

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

This is gonna need upgrades 100% . Do not buy this at £759 and think thats. Spur Gear, Servo and Tyres Im convinced need changing already

Oh the tyres definitely going by numerous YouTube vids. As for the rest isn’t that what you’re paying the premium for though? Bombproof out the box etc.

25 minutes ago, LunsfordRich said:

Oh the tyres definitely going by numerous YouTube vids. As for the rest isn’t that what you’re paying the premium for though? Bombproof out the box etc.

In theory yes, in reality I doubt it. 

We will see. I just think this is the price point the “premium” brands going forward. Makes the new Rival MT8 a potential bargain!

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

I popped into my closest hobby shop in bury st edmunds on Saturday. They had already sold 3 of the 4 they had to sell.

I had a good look at it on the counter as the one that was left was also being used as a display model (only opened a few hours before I got there). They look impressive, and I did consider it, but decided against in the end. Had it of been £100 cheaper I would have probably taken one. Just a bit too expensive.

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

In theory yes, in reality I doubt it. 

We will see. I just think this is the price point the “premium” brands going forward. Makes the new Rival MT8 a potential bargain!

Time will tell I guess. First gen of anything will inevitably through up issues. End user is the beta tester in a lot of ways. I see it a lot in the cycling trade.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LunsfordRich said:

Time will tell I guess. First gen of anything will inevitably through up issues. End user is the beta tester in a lot of ways. I see it a lot in the cycling trade.

Thats part of the fun haha. 

So she opened it. 

I think its a very Handsome looking truck

Mn0usoP.jpg

Shell over lapping the front bumper is weird but hey. 

iAGfRjq.jpg

The body latching system as all the videos/reviews say is amazing, very simple!

WEikbfj.jpg

Theres very little (in fact no) room for bigger electrics, youre stuck with what Id say is a 4x72 motor? Thatll be enough for us, but I cant help think of those 4985/TP Powered EXBs. 

hSOQBUN.jpg

cI6wmfB.jpg

• Like 2

The battery tray is huge, the clip lock system is brilliant and simple, no velcro like “others” and the body pin secure method seems to work well

mGvkvf4.jpg

The rest is standard Truggy stuff, nothing you havent seen before, but this is different for Traxxas. Very different. The Upper (fixed plastic) links are very thick, first thing I noticed. 

5gcVsan.jpg

RKFoB3l.jpg

iIGjhVn.jpg

PhvylVe.jpg

EMdcUr9.jpg

• Like 2

At end of the day its you and your mrs thats gonna run it and if you like it cool mate :good:

If i was looking for a truck i would consider it but its the price thats its major fault 

Good write up mate :cheers:

Edited by Stormbringer

I can see their logic with the pricing it’s just whether you’re willing to pay the Traxxas tax so to speak! I keep looking at the new Maxx thinking of the old man but for the price I’m on a 6s Arrma. 

May bite the bullet and run these:

https://www.louiserc.eu/Pick-by-Car/TRAXXAS/Revo-3.3/Louise-RC-MFT-MT-UPHILL-1-8-Monster-Truck-Tire-Set-Mounted-Sport-Black-3.8-Bead-Style-Wheels-0-Offset-Hex-17mm-L-T3322B/

They’re incredible on my X Maxx, and can sell the stockers before they potentially explode 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

May bite the bullet and run these:

https://www.louiserc.eu/Pick-by-Car/TRAXXAS/Revo-3.3/Louise-RC-MFT-MT-UPHILL-1-8-Monster-Truck-Tire-Set-Mounted-Sport-Black-3.8-Bead-Style-Wheels-0-Offset-Hex-17mm-L-T3322B/

They’re incredible on my X Maxx, and can sell the stockers before they potentially explode 

Noice!👍

So first run. Nothing Crazy. Few jumps but nothing that Id expect to cause any issues. Got some decent run time out of 2x Gens Ace 5000mah 3S Lipos. 

It ran flawlessly. It handles extremely well, jumps very well. Balooning wasnt as bad as the Traxxas video made out. It needs gearing up, as does every RTR.

Standard ESC seemed to run well, but currently using adapters which did come undone a few times. Jade said the servo seems slow, but she was only commenting on it when stationary, so dont think itll be an issue. Think she is just used to my faster servo’d RCs. She did mention a new radio, so potentially will just over haul the lot in the near future (ESC, Motor, Servo, Radio). Beauty of a Traxxas is she will get some decent money back. But thats NOT necessary. 

Next bash will be at the dirt jumps, so will give a better idea. It needs gearing up, but going to wait for after market lower teeth better quality Spur to become avaliable. 

8UgtVaH.jpg

792cGs2.jpg

So far Im very happy with it. May even grab myself one….

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Hopefully do a proper comparison soon 🙂

uATNUdY.jpg

jy6CsjX.jpg

ufF2m94.jpg

Looking at this pic and knowing the faults on the e revo I’d say it’s a good guess Traxxas will be dropping the revo soon