• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho Mini Z Defender

TWINSET

lr1.thumb.jpg.9a501574d97f30368a68d3450fb84640.jpg

Translated from Kyosho Japan:

A little explanation of the actual car. As mentioned in the video, the Land Rover Defender was  discontinued in 2016 and ended its 67-year history.
* Currently it is a new model.
In commemoration of that, the final limited model called Celebration Series was sold.

1. Classic style heritage edition!
2. The most luxurious motorcycle ography edition in Defender history!
3. Adventure edition with full of adventure equipment!

Among them, we have modeled heritage / motorcycle ography this time! !!
The two units have almost the same shape, but have a very different atmosphere.

Now, let's talk about the body of the MINI-Z 4x4.
The wheelbase is 110mm (shorter),  which is the same as the Toyota 4Runner.
Since the rear overhang is short, I wonder if I don't have to worry about the rear when climbing (laughs)
And the tire / wheel size is the same size as the Toyota 4Runner / Jeep Wrangler.

It's a price you care about, the ready set is 30,800 yen (tax included) each.

lr2.thumb.jpg.3e58cb279ea0ecd35a6bf1b8376781cb.jpg

lr3.thumb.jpg.bbb160b318ce92985e699d7b3531390f.jpg

lr4.thumb.jpg.37d2b65277bef3502e44169ffbc3e0a3.jpg

lr6.thumb.jpg.53ba201f42c0365fc7bbafea4165b156.jpg

lr5.thumb.jpg.7eab3be5d9277add395b8cf0d8583b6a.jpg

lr7.thumb.jpg.c2b7f7d8a606b3c7bad5412e9638027d.jpg

View full news article

• Like 3

Looks very nice but at 229 GBP compared with the new hard body Axial SCX24 Bronco at 135 GBP, it will take a real Mini-Z fan to appreciate it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Steve-O2021 said:

Does look a little jacked up compared to the real thing...

20220412_104412.thumb.jpg.be11c873cf61b826bb07dbe1877a354b.jpg

That is true but all the Mini-Z 4x4 chassis are like that.  The real Defender won't attempt to drive over 1 metre high rocks but I'm guessing that the average RC crawler driver will attempt the 1:24 scale equivalent of that!  If you want scale realism, buy a Rastar.  If you want some off-road ability, buy a Mini-Z.  Expect some roll-overs though!

11 hours ago, BlackSeaRC said:

Looks very nice but at 229 GBP compared with the new hard body Axial SCX24 Bronco at 135 GBP, it will take a real Mini-Z fan to appreciate it.

Ooooh thats bit to rich for my blood. My Mrs has a 1986 Defender 90, was gonna get one of these as a present for her 30th in June, as a sorta mini pressie. Maybe not

9 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ooooh thats bit to rich for my blood. My Mrs has a 1986 Defender 90, was gonna get one of these as a present for her 30th in June, as a sorta mini pressie. Maybe not

Yeah MiniZ have never been cheap, they are so popular in Japan and I think they would be here too and also collectable if they weren't so expensive.

19 hours ago, BlackSeaRC said:

That is true but all the Mini-Z 4x4 chassis are like that.  The real Defender won't attempt to drive over 1 metre high rocks but I'm guessing that the average RC crawler driver will attempt the 1:24 scale equivalent of that! 

This makes sense to me! 

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Yeah MiniZ have never been cheap, they are so popular in Japan and I think they would be here too and also collectable if they weren't so expensive.

I bought my Mini-Z 4x4 from AsiaTees last year for around 140 GBP and I'm sure they are not selling them for a loss...

48 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

I just don't get the fascination with the Mini Z platform. They just seem massively overpriced to me but people go nuts for them?!

I think the scale realism is one aspect of the appeal.  Also, the small size is convenient for indoor or outdoor driving and you can store it easily if you don't have space at home.  It feels like a well-engineered package and there are plenty of aftermarket upgrades but I agree, it is rather expensive in UK.

• Like 1