• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxarse are suing HBO

PraetoR

I think people with only 1/2 a brain cell would be able to tell the difference between the two  🙄.

This happened to what is now Taylorrc didn't it, they lost. Can anyone remember who sued them?

• Like 1

In an accidental twist Im poised to hit the PM button for @tomr fantastically priced Element when the Mrs pipes up “I thought you wanted to screw a Traxxas together” Tom your a bloody star - permission granted for a TRX4 🍻 I still think that your Element will be gone soon.

None of this is helping Jack 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Shergar said:

In an accidental twist Im poised to hit the PM button for @tomr fantastically priced Element when the Mrs pipes up “I thought you wanted to screw a Traxxas together” Tom your a bloody star - permission granted for a TRX4 🍻 I still think that your Element will be gone soon.

What a result 👍 I’m off to look at Bronco’s on Modelsport 😁

• Like 1

saul goodman GIF

Okay so I did some research on this because I'm a Traxxas fan boy and seem to be the sole defender of the brand here. I'll try to give reason to why Traxxas are suing HBO.

USA Patent Office filing:

https://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pno=91267387&pty=OPP

02/03/2022 - DISMISSED

So they are not suing HBO Max anymore... why? Because HBO agreed to Traxxas terms. 

The issue wasn't with the name as such, it was because HBO Max was registered as being a business for:

Board games; card games; playing cards; puzzle games; action figures; collectible modeled plastic and resin toy figurines; arcade-type electronic video games; coin-operated video games; slot machines

Traxxas have argued that this COULD include Radio Control Models (and then use the "Max" name with them), so Traxxas have made HBO Max change the description to specifically rule out the use of radio control models:

Board games; card games; playing cards; puzzle games; action figures; collectible modeled plastic and resin toy figurines; arcade-type electronic video games; coin-operated video games; slot machines, all of the foregoing excluding model vehicles, accessories, and parts therefor.

1) I'm not sure why HBO Max being a TV streaming service have this business identification of goods, it seems unusual, but I'm guessing it's so they can make their own action figures/toys for their TV series.

2) It seems more unusual that HBO Max would ever make Radio Control Models and given that they've agreed to change their identification of goods just to quieten Traxxas, it's guaranteed they won't.

3) BUT just imagine in a world where they did, would such a large media enterprise cause issues with having RC models called "Max" when Traxxas have the Maxx range? To be fair, probably...

Yes it seems totally ridiculous - but if you want to try and squeeze a tiny drop of reasoning as to why, this is the best I can think of. :lol:

Saul Goodman Twist GIF by Better Call Saul

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shergar said:

Result mate :good:

• Like 1

Damn was hoping Traxx Arse would finally get what they deserve. If your name is Max and you own a rc keep a look out for lawyer's letter in your letter box. 

On 03/04/2022 at 18:26, Nick said:

saul goodman GIF

Okay so I did some research on this because I'm a Traxxas fan boy and seem to be the sole defender of the brand here. I'll try to give reason to why Traxxas are suing HBO.

USA Patent Office filing:

https://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pno=91267387&pty=OPP

02/03/2022 - DISMISSED

So they are not suing HBO Max anymore... why? Because HBO agreed to Traxxas terms. 

The issue wasn't with the name as such, it was because HBO Max was registered as being a business for:

Board games; card games; playing cards; puzzle games; action figures; collectible modeled plastic and resin toy figurines; arcade-type electronic video games; coin-operated video games; slot machines

Traxxas have argued that this COULD include Radio Control Models (and then use the "Max" name with them), so Traxxas have made HBO Max change the description to specifically rule out the use of radio control models:

Board games; card games; playing cards; puzzle games; action figures; collectible modeled plastic and resin toy figurines; arcade-type electronic video games; coin-operated video games; slot machines, all of the foregoing excluding model vehicles, accessories, and parts therefor.

1) I'm not sure why HBO Max being a TV streaming service have this business identification of goods, it seems unusual, but I'm guessing it's so they can make their own action figures/toys for their TV series.

2) It seems more unusual that HBO Max would ever make Radio Control Models and given that they've agreed to change their identification of goods just to quieten Traxxas, it's guaranteed they won't.

3) BUT just imagine in a world where they did, would such a large media enterprise cause issues with having RC models called "Max" when Traxxas have the Maxx range? To be fair, probably...

Yes it seems totally ridiculous - but if you want to try and squeeze a tiny drop of reasoning as to why, this is the best I can think of. :lol:

Saul Goodman Twist GIF by Better Call Saul

Good enough for me! That’s as in-depth as you need to go I reckon! I rennet not so long since Whyte bikes suing an energy drink company. In fairness though that was far more blatant.