• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ’s Summit

.AJ.

I knew ya had summit up yer sleeve!  You’ll have to do summit about the lights.  A few of us have got these trucks now there must be summit in the air …yeah that’s enough bad jokes 😁

Very nice mate and orange FTW 👌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s definitely not a speed basher 😂

I would say in low gear with locked diff its a crawler and in high gear with open diffs it’s a monster truck 

Anyway fitted the Traxxas Centre shafts 

66-C87-C07-24-EB-48-C3-AF59-E4262-AEFFF8

Also the servo I’m going to use arrived today from Amain’s, more on that later 👍 

• Like 3

Also just ordered a pair of lipos, bargain at £28 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08YN85JWD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’ve had a pair of Black Magic lipos hanging about that I was going to use, but they have puffed slightly and flex the battery compartments, so I’m going to shoot them instead 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

Also just ordered a pair of lipos, bargain at £28 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08YN85JWD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’ve had a pair of Black Magic lipos hanging about that I was going to use, but they have puffed slightly and flex the battery compartments, so I’m going to shoot them instead 🤣🤣🤣

I run those but paid £35. Theyre fine

• Like 1

This afternoon’s little project…

I picked up a cheapo (£8) alloy steering set up, the plan is to only use the dual arm to get rid of the flexible stock part, also I’ve always thought that metal on metal contact is never a good recipe for a consistently working servo saver. Plus the stock front part is pretty beefy and doesn’t really need replacing imo….

27984232-2182-4790-BAD3-A5-FD1-D9045-B3.

Chop chop

55-CFB604-B5-BD-4-D6-C-91-AC-652167854-D

I’ll give it a coat of paint before fitting 👍 

• Like 2

That’s the steering back together, I’ve also made up a beefier drag link out of some SSD rod ends I had, they use a 4mm screw thread instead of the stock 3mm, I’ll look to made another with metal rod ends when I find something suitable..

I have also bolted through the chassis for one set of the servo mount screws to make the fixing of the servo even more substantial

582-AE5-C0-E250-4-E92-8825-ECC25-ACD3-C1

And ive got one of these servo arms on order to finish up the steering upgrades 

9480-F154-1-DE5-40-B3-A0-ED-D2-D3-D9-AA6

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rccar4life said:

My old friend did Brushless convertion to his Summit.

That car was SO SICK with 6s

AJ put in 6s combo there an enjoy life

Watch here Summit 6s crawling

Why the heck would you want 6s in a summit............

• Haha 1