• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ’s Summit

.AJ.

5 hours ago, .AJ. said:

You have access to a diffrent eBay to me, I couldnt find one of these when fitting my Summit Steering Servo.....

Yeah, 5 slot motors are smoother, all the HH Crawlmaster motors are 5 slots, I’m guessing the 775 is 3 slot like a normal silver can.

Kershaw just prepped the motors so they bolted straight in with a suitable motor mount and a flat ground onto the motor shaft for the pinion 👍 

@.AJ. hi mate 

Are you using the Traxxas wireless link in this or was it the TRX4 ?

Is it any good ?

Really like how the Summits turning out tho 

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

The broken part

7705-EEAE-04-D2-4-A5-A-BE27-0-FE54604-DB

Snapped in between the pin holes 

6-DFB922-D-9080-4-B2-F-B54-F-8922-C173-B

Seems this is a rare part to break and normally the plastic driveshafts would let go first 🤣🤣🤣

What the……

Thats stange. Poor casting surely? Is there an upgraded part?

Thought I better check that nothing else was broken before ordering parts 

DEAF858-E-E4-BE-49-E7-89-FF-71-D0-BEA52-

Everything else looks fine, but in the time it took to strip the truck the part went oos at Modelsport, so I’ve now had to backorder the part…. 

I went BL with mine, it did wake it up, but definitely detracted from its charm. And the brushed system has such a unique sound, I missed that most. 

I'm sure you're aware, but you will have more breakages with BL. The diffs, the CVDs, the weak-as-a-kitten wishbones. 

I fitted those Centre shafts to my ERBE, the rear shaft wore out very quickly. I went back to stock plastic and haven't had to touch it since. 

What voltage are you running?

• Like 1

I'd like to hear your thoughts on 5S with either the stock motor or the Dewalt. That's something I wish I'd tried with mine. 

I love the look and sound of the big Trencher X boots, but they also add stress to the drive-train. 

• Like 1