• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

GMade Gom owners

tomr

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, tomr said:

I’m running a really cheap 21 turn 550 in the video, works great but going for one of these next https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/holmes-hobbies-crawlmaster-sport-550-5-slot-motor-15t-1343248

Thanks, I was looking at the Holmes Hobbies motors myself but wasn't sure how many turns would be best.  For example, the motor recommended in the Modelsport bundle is a 55T motor.  I suppose it depends upon whether you are going to use it as a dedicated crawler or more of a high speed sand racer.  Because it has the 2-speed transmission, do you think it'd work better with a higher or lower turn motor?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlackSeaRC said:

Thanks, I was looking at the Holmes Hobbies motors myself but wasn't sure how many turns would be best.  For example, the motor recommended in the Modelsport bundle is a 55T motor.  I suppose it depends upon whether you are going to use it as a dedicated crawler or more of a high speed sand racer.  Because it has the 2-speed transmission, do you think it'd work better with a higher or lower turn motor?

55t is a little high in my opinion the Gom is geared pretty low even in second gear. The 15t 550 size motor i linked you to is a 5 slot  the equivalent of a 30-35t 540 motor near enough. It’ll have loads of low end torque and should have enough rpm for decent wheel speed 👍

• Like 3