• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what's the deal with Nitro

makauchan

Am I old fashioned? is Nitro a dying breed. Im a marine engineer and DC motor are getting smaller and more powerful while power consumption is getting lower and lower. I understand that brushless motors and lipos are faster and less trouble so trust me I don't need to be told that. But I cannot lose the love and appeal for the viceral experience of nitro. The tuning tinkering and getting it just right the satisfaction that comes from the hand on experience. I do also know there are some days that your like WHY! But, the sound smell and perpetual run time of nitro. What the general concensus of the sub.

I know what you mean mate. I have 3 nitro trucks  but haven't run them in ages 😕  The thing is these days it's down to noise pollution/ antisocial thingy 🤔  so, unless you have somewhere out of the way to run them....your stuffed! Unless you just say "stuff you" 👍

On 24/03/2022 at 20:03, makauchan said:

Am I old fashioned? is Nitro a dying breed. Im a marine engineer and DC motor are getting smaller and more powerful while power consumption is getting lower and lower. I understand that brushless motors and lipos are faster and less trouble so trust me I don't need to be told that. But I cannot lose the love and appeal for the viceral experience of nitro. The tuning tinkering and getting https://showbox.tools/ https://speedtest.vet/ it just right the satisfaction that comes from the hand on experience. I do also know there are some days that your like WHY! But, the sound smell and perpetual run time of nitro. What the general concensus of the sub.

I got this,..

• 2 weeks later...

Less moving parts, just far more efficient, even the basics of how the motor works, on a nitro/petrol car you are having to convert liner into rotational force, let alone you then you a clutch or similar system, greating etc.

Real cars will follow suit at some point, even if its not battery powered, electrical motors are just more effecient at converting the enery to your wheels.

You dont send a fax, you send an email right? Even though both effectively acheive the same result.

I’d still have a nitro if I didn’t live in town like I do. I enjoyed the tinkering etc that went with it back in the day. I’ve found an RC club track near me now so I might get another as I’ll have somewhere to run one without upsetting folk.

Never been interested in nitro, can't be bothered with the noise, the smell, the faffing about. Just want to stick a battery in and drive the car around and have fun.

People see your RC car flying around at 40mph now and ask "is that nitro?" It shows how far battery power has come along.