• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Summit 1/10th

Two of my tyres have rips, I dont think its a big deal because theyre performing, but cant seem to find them other than at Jennys (postage is a lot).

Is it worth looking at upgraded tyres? Stock seemed really capable to me

• Like 1

11 hours ago, .AJ. said:

I’m going to solder a fly lead off one of the esc battery connectors and power the steering servo directly on 2s, leaving the esc bec to power the radio, micro servos and lights 👍 

Im happy with mine on 6v, but I just hate having more power/speed there and not using it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Once I’ve got the Dewalt motor in mine I might look a better slipper set. But the stock seems ok with the 775, but apart from that I don’t think mine needs anything else 👍 

Ohh except from fixing 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Once I’ve got the Dewalt motor in mine I might look a better slipper set. But the stock seems ok with the 775, but apart from that I don’t think mine needs anything else 👍 

Ohh except from fixing 🤣🤣🤣

I used to run a Hot Racing one on my E-Revo 1.0 back in the day. I dont want to go brushless as I dont want to go down the upgrading drive shafts etc. Im leaving the TRX4 Brushed too I think, as Im actually pleased with how it performs, and Im potentially just going Brushless to say 'Its brushless'.

Plus, Ive spent a ridiculous amount lately, I keep saying Im going to sell XYZ to pay for this, but it never happens.....

• Like 2

Decided to show the Summit some love. First up, some alloy for the steering. 

f4hUEPv.jpg

DW6MtbC.jpg

Ita tightened it up, but I still think I need more BEC power. Hmmmm

Onto the LEM part. This is probabley, bang for buck the best RC mod Ive ever done. It transforms the way the stock tranmission works by basically taking up all the play. Hard to explain but stock, the spur rotates well over half a turn before the wheels actially move. This drastically reduces that. 

6ctMzcJ.jpg

I got a bit overwhelmed when I opened the stock transmission. Theres an order, directional gears, changer linkages etc. I forgot to take pics, but trust me its in there and works:

fneX0oT.jpg

@.AJ. did you add any grease?

I also gave it a bit of a clean, it wasnt dirty, but the previous owner had clearly used some sort of cleaner that left a horrible residue.

Next up, tyres. Now stock or aftermarket…..?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Yeah I added some red n tacky to the gearbox, but I wouldn’t worry if you left it dry, that’s how Traxxas intended it 👍 

Was 50/50. I used that video you posted. I was genuinely scared it wasnt going to shift and `id have to pull it apart again haha

The micro servo on mine that changes hi to low speed has died does anyone know any replacement that's not silly money and not traxxas 

• 1 month later...

Had this out for the first time since fitting the LEM gear and new tyres…..

AsqF5lk.jpg

CdTaTFB.jpg

7tBkPrC.jpg

Speechless to be honest….. A mild brushless one could well be the greatest ever RC. Crawled everywhere the TRX4 went, wasnt even that slow in second gear and could actually be bashed and did a few jumps. As its basically an E Revo 1.0, its reletively strong and durable. 

The tyres would let it down for speed I appreciate but a 35/40mph brushless one on 4S must be absolutely unbelievable provided it still had the crawling capbilities

• Like 3