• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas 1/8th scale Sledge Monster Truck

53HRA

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Something that always put me off with the older Traxxas models that used these hinged/rigid battery cases is you couldn't drop a big battery in and there was no real option around it. Is there more freedom in the size of batteries you can use now?

After market companies make velcro straps, but certainly on the X Maxx and Maxx’ Ive not struggled to fit batteries

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Something that always put me off with the older Traxxas models that used these hinged/rigid battery cases is you couldn't drop a big battery in and there was no real option around it. Is there more freedom in the size of batteries you can use now?

This isn't exclusive to Traxxas models. I can't run most of my 3s packs in the EXB, had to buy new packs which also don't fit properly and bend the tray outwards. Meaning it's also squeezing the batteries hard. The Typhon is even worse, with the same tray but lower profile, those batteries yet again don't fit and i had to get yet another set to run it. 

For the Maxx, none of my batteries fit either - so i ordered a new "locking bar" for it. Switched the old bar for the new one, half an inch more clearance for a tenner, running big 4s hard packs. X-Maxx the same, packs didn't fit, so you just flip the locking bars upside down. Now they do. 

In reality, the Traxxas trays are much more flexible since the main "bucket" is bigger than what Arrma offers. The problem is the "bar" that locks it, and that can be replaced with cheap alternatives that are shaped differently.  I can't get a new tray for the EXB full stop. This isn't even mentioning the position of the strap, preventing batteries with certain configurations (leads on both sides of the pack, or on top of the pack) to go in at all. 

33 minutes ago, collective itch said:

all that money, and doesn't have a 7075 chassis or shocks. Jog on traxxas 

In all fairness, the “7075” stuff Arrma uses bends…..

The way round this…… is a plastic chassis

5 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

In all fairness, the “7075” stuff Arrma uses bends…..

The way round this…… is a plastic chassis

Trouble is for plastic to work you’d need to honeycomb it but then it would have a hcg hence the flatpan  aluminium one. Thing is truggys are more meant for race tracks etc rather than a backyard basher which in turn bends the chassis but then that’s what folks want to use it for and don’t give a thought to what it’s really meant for. Your never gonna win whatever way you go super strong chassis snap arms etc flexible chassis bends what’s funny is though you don’t see the race guys complaining only the backyard basher guys 

I'd disagree that these truggys are "meant* for the racetrack. Many like Losi 8ight-T and similar might be, but cars like Traxxas Sledge and Arrma Kraton aren't designed for the track, especially the Traxxas Sledge with it's limited adjustment. Of course you can race anything, but I would say these are more bashing focussed monster truggys. 

There certainly seem to be great demand for bashing focused monster truggys.

1 hour ago, Nick said:

People are really trying to hate this thing. :lol:

What people really are trying is to equate objective and valid criticism with hating. 

I don't hate the thing. That doesn't mean it's a good truck all things considered - especially the price. It has positive parts, but at the price of a used X-Maxx (in fact, i paid less for mine than Sledge RRP) they can jog right on. As i said before, it's nothing special, a run of the mill truggy that's way too expensive. 

6 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

In this thread: People who were never going to buy a product, moaning about the product they were never going to buy 😂

I’d happily have but I can’t justify the price of it, I think that’s the general consensus 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Price has gone up and you cant pre order from Modelsport now?

Let’s be honest going up a tenner isn’t the end of the world as it’s already £150 over priced 😂😂😂

Rc prices are like 1-1 prices now stupid crazy, think it’s time to sell up and find something else to do 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Let’s be honest going up a tenner isn’t the end of the world as it’s already £150 over priced 😂😂😂

Rc prices are like 1-1 prices now stupid crazy, think it’s time to sell up and find something else to do 

Tbh first price I saw was £819!

• Haha 1

@Nick

I dont suppose you can help with this? Im gonna get one I think, would prefer to use Modelsport but I get this:

nHIQoDG.jpg

I get instore being a day or so earlier, but a month later? Also not letting me order as such?

Edited by Kpowell911