• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas 1/8th scale Sledge Monster Truck

53HRA

Features:

• Engineered for 6S power
  • Strongest chassis in the class
  • New clipless body
  • High performance monster servo
  • VXL-6S power system w/ 2000kV brushless motor
  • Premium Sledgehammer tires
  • High downforce wing
  • Aluminum T-bar chassis brace
  • Rigid battery tray
  • Aluminum motor cradle

View full news article

• Like 1

Sintered is worse than cut, this picture is saying larger than the slash 4x4 which is not much of a claim, thought they meant compared to the Maxx or Revo. 

EDIT:

It also weight about 900 grams more than the 6S Kraton, which surprises me, its the same width and about 10mm longer than a Kraton. 

IMG_20220316_212053.jpg

Edited by lorrylemming

..?

The E-Revo came out almost a decade prior to the v1 Kraton, Arrma didn't invent the truggy. I can't even see that many similarities, even the layout is different. The price of course is.. traxxas-esque, as usual, so no surprises there. Plenty of stuff to roast the truck for (haven't even watched the video), but not that it's a Kraton clone. If you'd really want to go down that route, the Kraton is an E-Revo clone (and there's truggies before that E-Revo too, like the Thunder Tiger ST1 Pro). 

Either way it'd be an asinine argument. Judging by the pictures, i kinda like it - especially that it comes with mud guards out of the box. If it were the same price as the Kraton (which i bet it won't be), i'd take it over the Kraton. Zero hesitation. And i say that as someone who doesn't really give a ham about the Traxxas/Arrma beef, i buy the trucks i fancy, not the trucks that are "my" brand. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 2

Traxxas needed a traditional 1/8th Truggy in their line up. It doesn't bring much new to the table but why change what works. These truggies haven't changed for over a decade until ARRMA made one so floppy the front to rear bulkhead bar is now a thing. :lol: 

• Like 2

The only ones mad enough to buy this are the fan boys are the mentally insane. $799 will no doubt come here at between £720 -£820 and let’s be honest for a basic 1/8th RTR  truggy you’d need to be one of the above to buy it. It looks good the promo is good but then again Traxxas always nail that but price wise sorry it’s way overpriced.  If it comes in cheaper and more in line with its competitors offerings then it might be worth a punt 

• Like 1

It looks very good in my opinion, Ill wait to see a UK RRP before commenting further. 

Must admit cant see why the Kraton is being compared so much across social media. Its a 1/8th Truggy, they all look the same. Its no different to a Losi/Tekno/Hyper/Associated/Corally. Its a Truggy. Its what they look like. Its like moaning that a new car has came out and it has wheels. 

That said, the Kraton is the biggest competition so it needs to be priced around that area IMO

• Like 1

Unsurprising, slightly above the E-Revo 2 which is also unpalatably expensive. At £550-£600 i would've humoured the idea of a Traxxas truggy in the fleet, alas.

Maybe a used one later down the line. Biggest problem here is of course that the Maxx doesn't really have a competitor in its segment (or didn't have for a while, at least) and could leech of the X-Maxx' popularity, making it desirable - that's not the case for this one. 

16 minutes ago, KrisArm said:

Looks like its £749

Modelsport have it listed with expected date and price

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/1343659?clear_cache=1

Thats far too much, not gonna lie. Although Im expecting all RCs to rise in price!

Cant see why its more than an E Revo 2.0

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kpowell911 said:

Tbh the Revo 2.0 today is more than it was when I brought one new just after release. RC inflation is a different breed!

Unsurprising, considering the £ is considerably weaker today than it was in, lets say, 2007. From $2.10 or something to, today, $1.32. Of course prices adjust for that. It's not just RC inflation, it's just inflation - and of course, the deliberate devaluing of one of the strongest currencies by politicians investment crooks. 

22 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

the battery tray is horrible

Can't be worse than a Kraton EXBs, tbh. 

I had that style tray in both the Maxx and the X-Maxx, and i quite like it. Considerably better than velcro imho. 

edit: i should say considerably more convenient, not necessarily better - i've ejected packs out of either.  That said: it's even smaller than the EXBs, which already wasn't big enough to fit hard packs. That's a dealbreaker for me, actually - 45mm total height is stupid. On the upside, within weeks there will be an upgraded "clamp bar" available, increasing the space/height in the tray. Happened with the Maxx too. Not an excuse, that's still stupid, but at least fixable whereas i had to get new packs (that still don't fit right) for the EXB. 

Edited by m4inbrain

Not sure how to share it on here but there's a marketing pdf that's been leaked from Traxxas comparing this to the Kraton V5 RTR. Makes some strong claims about not needing an aftermarket chassis and the stock electronics being better than the Kraton. You can find the pdf on Facebook and I think someone put it on the Arrma forum. 

RC Driver did a "paid for review" on YouTube, he managed to bend the chassis slightly and bust the wing mount. The batteries also fell out a few times. If the chassis still bends they haven't really solved the problem they say they have. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1