• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi All, newbie with a couple of questions :)

dp400

Hi All

During lockdown i learnt to fly heli's and planes but then when lockdown finished they all went up in the loft and havent come down since.  Any how I had some RC shop vouchers to use up so last week I got an Arrma Senton Mega and a Tamiya Plasma Edge 2, neither of which ive got out of their respective boxes yet. They are the first RC cars Ive ever owned.

I didnt realise the plasma edge doesnt come with a servo so can anyone recommend one for me, and also can anyone tell me if the Spektrum SL3 transmitter that came with the Arrma can be paired with a 2nd receiver if i put a Spektrum receiver into the plasma.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer the above, Im sure Ill probably have so more questions as I start to lean more but that'll do to start with!

Dave

Any standard size servo will be OK for the Tamiya...ideally look for one with metal gears though if you intend to use it off road.  You should beable to pair another rx of the same to the tx but, there are also some decent cheap radio/receiver combos available (goolrc, dumborc) with cheap as chips spare receivers. 😀