• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cross-RC AT4 - FR4 etc Owner’s

tomr

Looks tidy, i nearly bought one but went for the Element Kit 2 after, but after looking at your thread its back on the list to get in a couple months maybe !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Logie said:

Looks tidy, i nearly bought one but went for the Element Kit 2 after, but after looking at your thread its back on the list to get in a couple months maybe !

Haven’t driven it yet but the quality of the kit is fantastic.

• Like 1

• tomr changed the title to Cross-RC AT4 - FR4 etc Owner’s
20 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

If box art the core rc met red you got would come close, been sort of looking at these myself

Box art is a copper colour similar to Tamiya PS-14  .

The quality looks good from what I’ve looked at in the kit, mines the B version  so doesn’t come with alloy axles or the chrome grill and bumpers.

• Like 1

I managed to get the shocks built yesterday the kit is supplied with 50wt oil but watching a lot of YouTube videos on the FR4 I’ve stuck 70wt in as my starting point.

They feel great, super smooth but did they have to go with yellow springs ? 🤮

38447EE2-8700-4A79-8ECC-23B3F3D7B7CC.thumb.jpeg.7b784029b22f6dde8edad9a0c0605efe.jpeg

Gearbox and transfer case all greased up and ready to go, one thing I noticed was the manual states to add a shim behind each bearing in the transfer case so 4 shims in total, this resulted in the gears being locked solid once the case bolts where tightened. I ended up taking two shims back out which was perfect no slop and butter smooth.

A51B0479-5017-4010-A6AE-9ABB9A566B89.thumb.jpeg.3ff53a3357b94c44d0df6eeb26663bf5.jpeg

A356E54D-4BA8-4116-9E82-E681AAE487E3.thumb.jpeg.a513afdece06b33e84eca949cd6c500d.jpeg

• Like 3

Really happy with it so far, it seems 70wt shock oil was a good choice.

Im getting a little body rub just need to move the shocks  down one hole on the towers to raise the chassis  a few mm 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Will be interesting to see how the size of that compares to more normal 1/10th scale crawlers. Based on the specs I’ve seen it’s a bit of a beast. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BigGinge said:

Will be interesting to see how the size of that compares to more normal 1/10th scale crawlers. Based on the specs I’ve seen it’s a bit of a beast. 

Yes, firstly the box is very heavy compared with other models I have built (e.g. the Cross-RC AT4V) but also when you unbox everything, the bags of parts feel heavy.  As for the cab and pick-up bed mouldings, they are massive!!!  I just know I will need to buy more spray cans of paint already and I haven't even started yet...

• Haha 3

• 4 months later...
45 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Looking good BTW I might have some shock springs that are not yellow if you wanted to measure up

Thanks for the offer mate👍 I don’t think I’d swap them out tbh, they’re dual rate and work really well with the shocks, Cross RC set this rig up great imo 

• Like 2