• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Stampede Brushed 2WD to Brushless?

RcHov

Hi All,

I’ve got a Traxxas Stampede brushed 2WD fully working runner from the late 1990s.

Everything is original, including the mechanical speed controller & Acoms Techniplus Alpha radio. I considered converting it to brushless but thought better of it as the power would likely damage the transmission and gearing? Checked and it does not have a slipper clutch.

Would brushless be too much for it? If so I was thinking of selling, to finance an LC racing EMB-T.  The car is in almost new (albeit old!) condition, but the shell has a split in it… so a shame to wreck it if brushless will be too strong for the transmission.

Cheers!

IMG_2539.JPG

IMG_2527.JPG

17 hours ago, lorrylemming said:

You could put a mild brushless system in but probably best not to. I'd put it on Ebay and buy something else. Are you sure it doesn't have a slipper clutch, my 1998 stampede had one?

Ta  @lorrylemming, no slipper, just a nut directly on the shaft.

Shall heed with caution and sell as it is.

Cheers!

You could put bolt a whole VXL Transmission/slipper clutch on it with 6 screws, this would be the most cost effective and best I think. Although I think it would handle a very mild 2s set up anyway (well, with at least a slipper clutch)