• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Injora/Axial Rock buggy/crawler

Lone-wolf

56 minutes ago, rccar4life said:

This Injora handles tough terrain very well whit these wheels. 

I must buy one too

keep in mind if you get one, out of the box its not as good, i have modded mine a lot also the stock axles are known to break at the steering hub

21 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

With the Injora you may end up replacing a lot of things to get it right like i have

Its kinda the same with the gmade, the portals dont take lots of power well and they dont have a slipper transmission. So you either end up swapping them or replacing everything with hard gears and keep replacing the pins.
To be fair for the price you paid and the cost of the changes, you have ended up with a pretty good value rig, those rocks look like lots of fun, and the wheels look good.
There is a 2.2 canyon tire that i think you would like and it would looks a bit more scale with the model imo. They are wide and soft a bit smaller than an outlaw tire.

1 minute ago, Redback said:

Its kinda the same with the gmade, the portals dont take lots of power well and they dont have a slipper transmission. So you either end up swapping them or replacing everything with hard gears and keep replacing the pins.
To be fair for the price you paid and the cost of the changes, you have ended up with a pretty good value rig, those rocks look like lots of fun, and the wheels look good.
There is a 2.2 canyon tire that i think you would like and it would looks a bit more scale with the model imo. They are wide and soft a bit smaller than an outlaw tire.

I bought this rig, "Eyes wide open", i was aware of its weak points, i had a set of genuine Axial crawler axles that i knew would fit, i also knew the stock shocks were poor but only £15 for much better ones, i also have a fully reconditioned SCX10 transmission ready to go in, i had the wheels and tyres, so my outlay is the buggy, 15mm brass hex extentions ,£12 35kg MG servo, using upgrade parts i already have its cost very little to make a superb, robust very capable crawler less than £130, as i had the hobbywing esc and spare radio, for me this is a winner all day long and now have a rig that can show up a lot of much more expensive rigs, i wont change the tyres as the ones on it are narrow enough not to rub on the shocks on lock, the outlaw tyres were fouling the shocks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rccar4life said:

i have everything on way,   need only couple more rigs.

I have 20mm brass hex extensions, i did buy 2 sets cheap,  and also two brushless crawler combos sensored halfprice lokal shop.

and 35kg servos i have 5new from Banggood waterproof on way

Have injora some cheap Axial axles that fit in metal to this Rock Buggy ?

The Injora axles are not reliable dont trust them, saying that the front CVD`s are cheap if the do break

41 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

I bought this rig, "Eyes wide open", i was aware of its weak points, i had a set of genuine Axial crawler axles that i knew would fit, i also knew the stock shocks were poor but only £15 for much better ones, i also have a fully reconditioned SCX10 transmission ready to go in, i had the wheels and tyres, so my outlay is the buggy, 15mm brass hex extentions ,£12 35kg MG servo, using upgrade parts i already have its cost very little to make a superb, robust very capable crawler less than £130, as i had the hobbywing esc and spare radio, for me this is a winner all day long and now have a rig that can show up a lot of much more expensive rigs, i wont change the tyres as the ones on it are narrow enough not to rub on the shocks on lock, the outlaw tyres were fouling the shocks

Thats the offset of the outlaw wheels or were you still running with hex extenders and getting rubbing from the scrub angle?

Edited by Redback

9 hours ago, rccar4life said:

Just wonder,

will these axles fit this injora rock buggy ?

https://www.injora.com/products/cnc-metal-front-rear-axle-for-1-10-rc-rock-crawler-axial-scx10

i have talk to one guy he have them for almost 2years now,  zero issues,  his friend have them for one year, same there.

They are very good.

They are cheap, goodlooking, and i have info today from one trusted guy with many years in RC Crawlers,   and he swear that they are Awsome axles 

He dont know anything about the Injora Rock Buggy sadly.

Please help me here, will they fit to Injora Rock Buggy ?

I looked at those same axles, the CVD joint can still break and the entire axle needs taking apart and putting back together with blue threadlock on every screw

• Lone-wolf changed the title to Injora/Axial Rock buggy/crawler