• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Injora/Axial Rock buggy/crawler

Lone-wolf

i nearly bought one of these today (bought an rgt trample instead), so I'm interested to see how things go.

tomley called the rtr version a gmade r1 clone, but there seems to be a few differences, like extra mounts for the front suspension. more of a homage. 🙂

Edited by voorsk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Redback said:

The R1 shocks arnt amazing, they look good but i found perform horrible in droop and sprug setups, they also dont hold their juice. The Injora axels look better without portals also brings down the cog, that will help offset the high battery position.

There is no denying this is not a great crawler out of the box, its gonna need some love, some TLC, some mods but it can perform well and i intend to get it there

16 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

might be a short running video tomorrow, but really it is crying out for better shocks, they are on order

Run it stock mate 👍🏻 Give you a good starting point on any upgrades and adjustments you make.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

That seems to go ok but better tyres may make a big difference tho :good:

How do you think it performs ?

I think it performs well for the  price, but as stated its crying out for better shocks, hopefully when they arrive it will be a marked improvement 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, tomr said:

Wont be putting them on as front cvd`s prone to breaking at the hex pin hole, making it wider will only put more load on a weak area, my old Axial axles are a tiny bit wider and will be going on once i have sorted the last little bit on them.

Next stage is to strip the gearbox and fully lube it as it sounds a bit dry/noisy, by then the new soft shocks should be here and that will transform how it rides, while i do the gearbox i might drop in the 55T motor

have to say im happy with run time on the lipo, i did 35 minute run and still had 62% left in 2200mah 2s pack