• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ESC fan help needed please.

Tom1208

Hi everyone,  i need a bit of help please.

i recently bought my son a second hand hpi trophy flux buggy.

it needs a bit of TLC.

We stripped it down, painted it and are almost ready to rebuild. Awaiting diff oils.

the esc came with no fan or surrounding shroud/ casing.

does anyone know what size of fan is needed ? 

The screw holes are about 25 mm.

also does anyone know where i could get either the proper shroud and fan for the esc. If anyone has an old burned out one i could buy the parts i need from you ?

or even the proper size of fan i need ?

i am a tad confused if it would be a 25mm because of the bolt hole size or if it would be a 30mm fan because of the casing size.

Thanks guys 👍🏼

AB319A70-78AC-455C-845C-3805F8A70786.jpeg

Edited by Tom1208

I've got the trophy flux will give you some dimensions on the fan and case ,I'm at work at the moment but will have a look when I get home, if I remember right the fan doesn't bolt to the Esc it just fits inside the case.

Thanks very much guys 👍

I appreciate that glen.

I thought it’s a 4s esc but looks very similar to the one in that video. The only difference I can see is the one in the video has the power switch holder attached to the side of it. My one has a separate tray the esc clips in to. 
there’s unfortunately no part numbers or anything left on it to identify the esc.

If I can’t get a case could I still screw a fan on the top using the bolt holes on the esc ?

• Like 1

yeah tom they did a 3s 4s 6s version over the years 👍 yeah if you can get the width  right it wont matter how deep the fan is to fit in the top case you can ziptie the fan over the heatsink then, did that a few times 🙂 

Edited by Bajadre
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glenn75 said:

I've got the trophy flux will give you some dimensions on the fan and case ,I'm at work at the moment but will have a look when I get home, if I remember right the fan doesn't bolt to the Esc it just fits inside the case.

I've just had a look at mine its the same design as the Vorza the fan fits inside a shroud then there's a cover over it that holds the wires.

I would just bolt a fan to the top of the heat sink and double side tape the Esc down, if you need some images let me know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers lads 👍 

I will just screw a fan on top. 
The screw holes are about 25mm apart so would I get a 25mm fan or would it have to be the 30mm to compensate for the fan housing thickness ?

5 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Would buying a new ESC not be more sensible?

Na mate, the car was only £100. 
the esc is coming in between £80 - £130.

to expensive for me at the moment. 
a fans only about a tenner 👍