• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper 8 SC E

.AJ.

Looked at the shocks and I’m pretty impressed

6989-D727-43-B9-4-C7-F-8-D8-B-36-D5-CDAC

Locking springs cups, alloy lower caps, boots, 2 piece upper caps and plastic adjusters 

7-EB7-F8-CF-16-C6-46-A3-B900-1-F808485-D

DA32574-F-5698-4376-A82-F-EA35-D5949-D6-

I can find no reference to the weight of the factory oils, so I’ve filled them with 40wt, the front feels much better, they seemed very under dampened out of the box 👍 

On 18/02/2022 at 21:47, .AJ. said:

esc wise I’ll probably go for a Quicrun 150 or a cheapo rtr version of the same esc 👍 

I have a practically new Quickrun 150 ESC c/w box and instructions with XT90's fitted, msg me later if you're interested and I'll dig it out and post you some pics👍🏼

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

I have a practically new Quickrun 150 ESC c/w box and instructions with XT90's fitted, msg me later if you're interested and I'll dig it out and post you some pics👍🏼

Thanks for the offer. I’ll let you know, I was thinking a Max 8 would be better so I have a HV bec though 👍 

Just seen this thread, I had no idea a short course hoboa existed?! This style of truck didn’t interest me for a long time, but in recent months they’ve caught my eye. 

I’ll be interested to see how this comes along and get your thoughts on it. As it could well be a strong contender for a future purchase 😁

• Like 1

I also didn't know this existed. I'm very slowly sorting out the parts to build up a Hyper 7 roller I bought from here but I do love an SCT so am looking forward to seeing this progress.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2022 at 16:07, .AJ. said:

Picked this up off eBay for £280 using a discount code 

FD2-FFA55-DC1-A-4-F1-E-9-DAF-44-C8-BD614

586-AD805-1282-4-BF0-BC0-E-B94-C8-EE9-C5

Had a brief look and looks to be quality bit of kit, loads of alloy and all to Hobao’s normal high standards.

Ill dig into it later and post up more pics and give my initial thoughts 👍 

Don’t suppose you have a link? I can’t seem to find it on eBay now? Or at least I can’t find one in this country. Did you order from overseas?

Looks awesome! Am totally sold with these. Will almost definitely be getting one, hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bertberr said:

Looks a quality piece of kit.  Does make you wonder how Arrma, Traxxas, Losi etc arrive at their RRP's.

I totally agree.I am keeping my outcast 8s and 6s but no more arrmas and the like for me.I bought a hyper gt roller new for £270 odd a couple of months ago and the quality is better than my arrmas even at such a low price.

• Like 2