• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Storm Eunice Roade Trip

AJP

Leaving London Red zone at 1300 and driving to South West Red zone lol. Lots of armageddon news this morning but that just makes the journey even more exciting.

Does anyone else get excited by extreme weather ? Don't get me wrong, I still make sure I'm prepared for every eventuality, food and drinks in car, along with pillow and blanket incase I'm stuck on M4/M5 but its all part of the adventure 😀

Stay safe everyone, secure those wheelie bins 😂

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PraetoR said:

Good luck and have fun! :lol:

Fingers crossed its like a snow day where everyone stays off the roads lol 🤞

57 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

stay safe brother on the roads i popped out just here in south bristol its starting to pick up a bit now haha i led the bin down in the garden next doors fence aint doing too well 😂

Plymouth update from the wife lol , wheelie bins are secure, little boys trampoline is all bent! Its a sturdy bugger so it must be pretty bad already 😕

Edited by AJP
  • Like 1

Most beach roads around Torbay are closed,  Torcross will be gone by this afternoon I reckon and South Hams is buried under blown tree branches! Head for hills and we can all meet up Haytor. 
Was meant to be working on Castle Drogo roof today😁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, autobutcher said:

Most beach roads around Torbay are closed,  Torcross will be gone by this afternoon I reckon and South Hams is buried under blown tree branches! Head for hills and we can all meet up Haytor. 
Was meant to be working on Castle Drogo roof today😁

lol, definitely a good call to give that a miss today ! I just hope Tesco Lee Mill car park is ok for Sunday night lol, I need to finish breaking in my car 😂🤞

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, AJP said:

lol, definitely a good call to give that a miss today ! I just hope Tesco Lee Mill car park is ok for Sunday night lol, I need to finish breaking in my car 😂🤞

Is there a meet or is that just your local bashing spot?

8 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Is there a meet or is that just your local bashing spot?

I'm definitely not the one to be organising meets just yet. Lol. 

I'm back in Plymouth and need to finish breaking my car in! Thought the big car park at Lee Mill was a good shout before it opens.

Got my turnbuckle tool now, just spent 1hr twizzling 🤣 I think I've got both front wheels toe / camber the same now 🤞🏻need to make it run straight before the full throttle runs.

Please come over to say hello if your in the area 😁 

I'll be the guy with the Nitro car going round in circles 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

On 18/02/2022 at 13:54, PraetoR said:

Man, I love the A66!

Yeah it's a good one! I lost a wing mirror from the wind, not sure how, I guess someones knocked it while I've been parked and I've not noticed then it's just taken off in the weather! Luckily it just bounced off road behind me and not into another car.

2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Were you able to revover it or did it just explode on impact ?

It smashed, was doing 60-70mph and with all the traffic and rain, I didn't think twice about it and kept on going.

Until I've looked up the price of a new wing mirror. :lol:

• Haha 2