• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma SCA-1E 2.1 Spec Mitsubishi Pajero XL-W RTR

53HRA

Features:

• Latest Gen 2 layout with CMS mount for a forward weight bias
  • New Anti Torque Twist Transmission
  • Fully licensed 80’s Mitsubishi body
  • Injection molded scale details
  • LED ready light buckets
  • 2.4GHz FHSS 2-Channel radio
  • 9kg metal geared steering servo
  • 1400mAh NiMH battery w/ USB charger

83768.jpg

83768-1.jpg

83768-9.jpg

DSC05962.jpg

DSC06261.jpg

View full news article

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stretch said:

I'm a fan of this chassis but that body looks all wrong to me but I can't put my finger on exactly why.  

The 1:1 version of the Pajero XL-W is only a 2.35m wheelbase so at 10th scale on a 313mm WB chassis everything is proportionally off and bigger.

Now I know most 10th scale crawlers are not true tenth scale but the difference is usually nominal. In this case the difference is huge.

I'm with you though,  it just doesn't sit right to me.

The wheels and tyres look lost under that body.

I know there was demand for more 313mm options crom Carisma but I reckon they could have come up with a better body personally.

This is all just my 2 pennies worth though anday mean nothing to others. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lorrylemming said:

Isn't there a 4 door version of this Pajero, maybe that would have been better? The last two photos in the water look much nicer, I think the studio wash out the panel lines down the side. 

There probably is.

Something like that or a 4 door Nissan Patrol would have worked better on that WB TBH.

• Like 2

I like it. Would have preferred a four door patrol as well but loops model already sells those. I think its a lot better than another jeep/defender, afaik theres only the tamiya pajero and maybe loops has one too. Points for trying to be original, but the scale dimensions need to be thought about more as mentioned above

• Like 1

I'm liking it a lot. 

I think maybe we've got used to a lot of releases having slightly oversized tyres for the proportions - more like the type that would go with a lift kit on a 1:1

As mentioned above its nice to not have yet another defender/jeep

• Like 1

I seem to recall the Mitsubishi Shogun having independent front suspension and not a axle??

also first impressions, it looks like a old merc g-wagon

but credit where it’s due, it’s always nice to see different shells being released.

next we need a mk1 4 door, Nissan patrol, suited to a 324mm wheelbase or a Land Rover 101 army ambulance again at 324mm as there’s not much choice at this wheelbase….

• Like 1

Just come back to catch up on what been said and I have found a plus point on this, yes it’s true…..

isn’t it nice to see a rig with the wheels and tyres tucked neatly away in the arches? Some of the stuff out there could almost be a open wheel class, so yeah happy to see something a “bit” more road orientated truck in stock form.

at least they are trying out new stuff, kudos to them for that :good:

• Like 2

Bored and at lunch - looked up how to pronounce Pajero

Started clicking various links, Exploroz being one, which suggested a translation check might be in order 😆

Might be why the UK went with 'Shogun' for so long

Untitleddd.jpg.105df0d36bc64596706a845e32283eaa.jpg

Edited by TWINSET
  • Haha 2