• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I'm a massive Hypocrite..... let me explain....

Kpowell911

59 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

I don't disagree - just because steak is my favourite meat doesn't mean that chicken isn't great either. 😄

Love my X-Maxx to bits, probably the main reason why i'm still into RCs - but every now and then i need something to mix it up, and Crawlers are great for that especially around here where there's more trails/cliffs/hills/beaches than bash spots for the X-Maxx. Good to see  you come around to "slowly going over sticks". 

You just have to take the TRX4 out before the X Maxx, otherwise you attempt to drive the TRX4 like an X Maxx and it doesnt work 🥲

No idea what this is, looks like a bumper mount with fairlead hole and cant make out the other parts.
unknown.png

Brass bumper id say would worsen performance being so high up and sprung.
Also whats the fitment like on injora stuff, is it as high quality as the rest of the truck?
Also worth check the clearances for the portal covers as some are so big they make fitting diffrent wheels a bit tricky.

3 minutes ago, Redback said:

No idea what this is, looks like a bumper mount with fairlead hole and cant make out the other parts.
unknown.png

Brass bumper id say would worsen performance being so high up and sprung.
Also whats the fitment like on injora stuff, is it as high quality as the rest of the truck?
Also worth check the clearances for the portal covers as some are so big they make fitting diffrent wheels a bit tricky.

Oh I thought Id heard Injora was good stuff 😅

I think thats a servo mount?

Glad your enjoying it, the trx4 is great out the box and there is no need to go brushless in a crawler in the future you might want to upgrade the motor to a Holmes one and the esc to like a HW 1080 to give you more programability. Even the stock tyres are good for a rtr model so don't waste money on shiny upgrades and grab some spares.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Let the mods begin!

bzAsrqL.jpg

The brass was like £61 all in. Everything for both front and rear. I thought it was a scam, I kept messaging them via AliExpress, just getting broken English replied….. then after a few weeks, they finally got dispatched and then they arrived within a few days. Hopefully fitment etc is ok

all fitted then, hope it all went on okay

6 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

all fitted then, hope it all went on okay

Na, itll be a while, I still have parcels sent to my parents as theyre in, and my Mrs & I are not, but I probably wont get them till next week, and possibly fit them over Easter Weekend. Im very busy with work/doing up our house, which is great but l dont have much wrench time at the mo 

• Like 1

They look really good on it mate wish i had got the black outer portal covers for mine now lol

I havnt gone as far as you with the brass but i am running heavier wheels on my 1  but may do that with the trx6 tho :good:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We use these 1,s not had any probs yet mate :good:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/fastrax-trx-4-stainless-steel-front-rear-centre-shaft-long-chassis-425437

Wheelspin have them instock

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/298292/

Edited by Stormbringer

No i didnt lol

I used the above in both the trx4 and trx6 but the 1 that broke was the very short 1 i got from alli express so back to using the stock rearmost shaft in the 6 along with the above shafts

Edited by Stormbringer