• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Optima Mid

Jamzy74

Anyone looking to buy an Optima Mid due to be available April? 

I was all set on buying an Ultima for my return to RC, but now the legendary Mid is coming back I might save up some extra cash for April release and put down a deposit.

Spoilt for choice, I'm like a kid in a sweet shop with all these re release buggies from my childhood.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Jamzy74 said:

Anyone looking to buy an Optima Mid due to be available April? 

I was all set on buying an Ultima for my return to RC, but now the legendary Mid is coming back I might save up some extra cash for April release and put down a deposit.

Spoilt for choice, I'm like a kid in a sweet shop with all these re release buggies from my childhood.

Thoughts?

I use to race one.  But won't be getting one as things have moved on so much over the years.

2 hours ago, turok007 said:

I use to race one.  But won't be getting one as things have moved on so much over the years.

Fair enough, for me I've not raced since 1993. So appeals to me returning after all these years. The slim chance I return to racing I'd be looking for something more modern.😁

13 minutes ago, Jamzy74 said:

Fair enough, for me I've not raced since 1993. So appeals to me returning after all these years. The slim chance I return to racing I'd be looking for something more modern.😁

what i mean is we have lipo and brushless now so a slower car for that price would be a huge step back for me.  i was very tempted to get the ultima as it was one of my favourite cars  but the price is just to much for what it is.

Edited by turok007

2 hours ago, turok007 said:

what i mean is we have lipo and brushless now so a slower car for that price would be a huge step back for me.  i was very tempted to get the ultima as it was one of my favourite cars  but the price is just to much for what it is.

I see your point, for an active racer there is little to no point of buying a re released car, better spent on batteries, motors etc. Unless your rich and can throw away money 😆

The cost of the Optima Mid will be approx £400, can buy a modern racer for that.

However the re release cars can now handle modern lipo and brushless. But old geometry would leave them behind on track. Guess i won't bother straight away with lipo and brushless when I will be just bashing around local parks and bmx tracks.

For me seeing these cars available again is what has brought me back, and realised I'm at a point in my life that I need to own a piece of history/nostalgia from when I was a lad.

I have always regretted leaving the hobby, looking forward to returning. Even better if I get time to join a club and race again😁👍

Cheers

Al

Edited by Jamzy74

5 minutes ago, Jamzy74 said:

I see your point, for an active racer there is little to no point of buying a re released car, better spent on batteries, motors etc. Unless your rich and can throw away money 😆

The cost of the Optima Mid will be approx £400, can buy a modern racer for that.

However the re release cars can now handle modern lipo and brushless. But old geometry would leave them behind on track. Guess i won't bother straight away with lipo and brushless when I will be just bashing around local parks and bmx tracks.

For me seeing these cars available again is what has brought me back, and realised I'm at a point in my life that I need to own a piece of history/nostalgia from when I was a lad.

I have always regretted leaving the hobby, looking forward to returning. Even better if I get time to join a club and race again😁👍

Cheers

Al

also think about spares  as i don't know if they will stock them for long.  As for history i re got alot of cars on ebay when the prices were not insane.  

On 01/02/2022 at 21:37, turok007 said:

also think about spares  as i don't know if they will stock them for long.  As for history i re got alot of cars on ebay when the prices were not insane.  

i am still trying to figure out which kyosho i owned years and years ago. just had to google this and it does look familiar but still not sure if this is the one.