• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma typhon 3s v3- help

Powell987

There seems to be alot of play in the steering/ wheels after using a few times! Any suggestions on what this could be or is this just expected? Should there be a little bit of play as when i first got it there didn't seem to be ? Would replacing plastic steering parts for metal ones help at all ? 
Thanks 

6 minutes ago, Powell987 said:

There seems to be alot of play in the steering/ wheels after using a few times! Any suggestions on what this could be or is this just expected? Should there be a little bit of play as when i first got it there didn't seem to be ? Would replacing plastic steering parts for metal ones help at all ? 
Thanks 

you could try shimming it mate

Behind the bearings between  the bearing face and axle

Edited by froggy8

sorry i dont have an arrma typhon but i did a quick search and came up with this:

this guy used:

8x12x0.2 shims between the hexes and outer bearings, and 12x18 shims (some 0.2mm thick, some 0.5mm) behind the inner hub bearings

You need to work out where the play is in the steering or suspension. It could be anywhere between from the servo to the wheels, or more than one place. There's no point carefully shimming the wheel hexes for example if your servo saver is loose and wobbling. 

With the car turned on, try pushing the wheels by hand and watch the servo push against you. You should be able to see where the play is in the system. 

18 hours ago, lorrylemming said:

You need to work out where the play is in the steering or suspension. It could be anywhere between from the servo to the wheels, or more than one place. There's no point carefully shimming the wheel hexes for example if your servo saver is loose and wobbling. 

With the car turned on, try pushing the wheels by hand and watch the servo push against you. You should be able to see where the play is in the system. 

Watching the video, the play is quite a lot and its near the servo. I don't own an Arrma 3S car but believe you can see the servo saver from underneath through a hole in the chassis. If you do the same wiggle on the wheels can you see the servo saver moving? If yes then its the servo saver or servo, if not then its between the saver and the bellcranks.

But, as Kpowell911 says, I wouldn't worry about unless its actually affecting how the car drives, most basher cars have lots of play.