• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best/Good RC Rock Crawler?

zoro33

I've had a few go-fast RC cars that I've modded and just destroyed by having them over powered, etc.

I'd like a really minimal maintenance electric RC car https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/, and I'm thinking that a rock-crawler type would be best for this since they're not fast and not taking a ton of wear and tear by doing so.

Please let me know what a good beginner kit would be for a rock crawler setup.. I'd love something durable that requires minimal maintenance and is very fun to drive (slowly.

Please let me know if it's a 4x4 or monster truck build or whatever right now that is fun and good quality!

Thank you.

Edited by zoro33
  • Like 1

Hi, as always it depends on budget, there are capable budget models, but a bigger budget can mean a better model. 

Have you an idea what you want to spend? 

If you want the best then it depends on your budget as with kits you have to factor in the cost of electrics i.e esc, motor, servo radio gear and batteries. Do you want a dedicated crawler or more of a scale/trail type? Best thing to do so have a browse on modelsport etc find some you like and post them on here for feedback.

I would also ask what the budget is ( or certainly if there is a budget concern), then what type of crawling you would want to do or what type of environment you will be crawling at!Some folk like to stay at one spot and crawl hard lines on rocks, others like to "crawl" what is on their local trail or even just take the truck for a walk and get it muddy.... Never simple these days asking questions!!!🤣

Bottom line there are 2 main different type of crawlers; A scale crawler - looks like a truck, and a Comp Crawler - looks like a tool designed for rock crawling! There are rigs that lie between these also.

But let us know the other queries and we can help 👍

Edited by stimpy
  • Like 1