• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hellhorns capra project

Hell horn.

So then. I had Dan's (OHO) old capra and unfortunately sold it to fund bills and life. And wanted one again for a while.  So after a few deals I had the money to sort one. So after a chat with @stimpywe set a price and it was my new car. Chassis and parts and a lovely set of dlux shocks he ordered for me arrived the other day. I won't mention the fact he forgot the rebuild kits for the shocks lol.

I had ordered a set of capra axles for another project so they become the axles for this build. 

A  nice Friday off work and a few hours building time and the basic capra is sorted. 

It took a ton of messing to get the links right to extend the wb by about 20 mm. 

Shocks have bad the pen spring mod done to them now to drop the chassis a few extra mm. 

Stimpy had ordered a flat skid for this. And modded the gearbox to lower it as much as possible 

I have now modded it slightly so the drive shafts don't hit anything. 

I also painted the panels as I really don't do pink. 

Some carbon wheels work well on this. So they can stay for now. 

Next jobs are to sort a scale engine for the back.  Paint the interior. And sort some nicer links. As its a bit of a mixed set at the moment 

IMG_20220122_165139.jpg

IMG_20220121_195710.jpg

IMG_20220121_131236.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, froggy8 said:

the pink doesnt look too bad, i bet from a distance it would look more of a white 🙂 

Sort of looks blue from any distance.   

At least now it does 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks. The lights had both broken at the clamp they come with so useless on there own.  Fixed the one with had come apart. Spent a good hour cutting out a tiny bit of bloody plastic to fit them in.  Almost glued my fingers to it when it slipped lol. But I think it worked out OK. 

Edited by Hell horn.
  • Haha 2