• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally Sketer XL4S MT RTR

Nick

Internally it looks way better than an Arrma 3s/4s, but the name and that body they're both hideous 🤣🤣

The one thing about the Arrma 3s/4s range to me is they are over hyped, I broke my Granite so many times I just gave up with it in the end..

Corally look to be much better value for what you get for your money.

I have the XTR Kronos, the spec and materials used in it are better than the Arrma EXB in my opinion.. (I have one of those too)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bertberr said:

Interestingly, nowhere on the data sheet for the Max10 SCT (Torox 135) on hobbywings site, does it mention 40xx size cans, only 36xx cans...  Wonder how it will cope with the 4068 in the Sketer?

Should be fine the old sc8 Hobbywing could handle 40xx cans upto 2600kv so no reason this should struggle with the 2150 motor they pared it with 

Yes, think you're right there, and razor RC confirmed it is a 4068 but with approx 1.5mm fins, so really a '3768'. Should be fine as you say. Really like the look of this chassis, very tempted...  Think it will be either one of these, the MT8 or a used Maxx.

1 hour ago, bertberr said:

Yes, think you're right there, and razor RC confirmed it is a 4068 but with approx 1.5mm fins, so really a '3768'. Should be fine as you say. Really like the look of this chassis, very tempted...  Think it will be either one of these, the MT8 or a used Maxx.

Just watched his running vid truck looks very nose heavy, I can certainly see why the front bumpers are getting ripped off by the China guys.  Can’t say his running vid inspired much confidence for me to buy one. 

Must admit though I’m no fan of Razor Rc the guy us full of 💩.  

Truck  is engineered very well but so far looks a bit of a dog to drive. 

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Just watched his running vid truck looks very nose heavy, I can certainly see why the front bumpers are getting ripped off by the China guys.  Can’t say his running vid inspired much confidence for me to buy one. 

Must admit though I’m no fan of Razor Rc the guy us full of 💩.  

Truck  is engineered very well but so far looks a bit of a dog to drive. 

Agreed, it doesn't look that great with it being very nose heavy.  Know some characteristics could maybe be tweaked but it doesn't look that fun.  JayTee has a very short running video on grass and it looks to be the same handling wise.

Still think the price is actually fairly decent but not sure this one is for me with me already owning a Big Rock.

2 hours ago, MrCake said:

Agreed, it doesn't look that great with it being very nose heavy.  Know some characteristics could maybe be tweaked but it doesn't look that fun.  JayTee has a very short running video on grass and it looks to be the same handling wise.

Still think the price is actually fairly decent but not sure this one is for me with me already owning a Big Rock.

Yep watched that as well think I’m gonna pass on this one some could as you say be tweaked out but I think overall it’s not something that will suit where I wanted it for. Shame though as it does look a solid truck 

But while this may weigh as much as a typical 1/8 6S buggy, it doesn't have quite the same power under the hood.  Think a max8 would wake it up, seems to work with the Maxx and they're near enough identical size & weight (stock).

11 hours ago, bertberr said:

But while this may weigh as much as a typical 1/8 6S buggy, it doesn't have quite the same power under the hood.  Think a max8 would wake it up, seems to work with the Maxx and they're near enough identical size & weight (stock).

Corally to be fair run an aggressive firmware usually which mean they’re ‘normally’ more powerful than their HW counter part. 

The thing Im confused about in this thread is the comparisons to a 1:8th 6S Buggy. Words like handling and speed are being thrown around. Thats not the point of this surely? If you want that sort of thing, get a 1:8th buggy. 

This is a truck, a cheaper, potentially better version of the Traxxas Maxx. A Traxxas Maxx performs worse in every department to a 1:8th Buggy. Its slower, handles worse, and in the Maxx’s case, more expensive.  But you know what, its far more fun. Hence why I own 2x Maxx’s, and zero 1:8th Buggys. 

My Maxx with a 2200kv on 4s did 49mph, GPS verfied. For what its meant to be used for, this is more than fast enough. In a huge flat open space, you notice it could do with another 5/10mph. But if Im in a huge flat open space Im not going to be using a Monster Truck am I?

2 hours ago, stretch said:

Seems to fly much better in this vid vs the Razor one

Yep no nose dives or nothing in that vid but I wonder how it ripped its front bumper off so it could drift around it 😂👍

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Corally to be fair run an aggressive firmware usually which mean they’re ‘normally’ more powerful than their HW counter part. 

The thing Im confused about in this thread is the comparisons to a 1:8th 6S Buggy. Words like handling and speed are being thrown around. Thats not the point of this surely? If you want that sort of thing, get a 1:8th buggy. 

This is a truck, a cheaper, potentially better version of the Traxxas Maxx. A Traxxas Maxx performs worse in every department to a 1:8th Buggy. Its slower, handles worse, and in the Maxx’s case, more expensive.  But you know what, its far more fun. Hence why I own 2x Maxx’s, and zero 1:8th Buggys. 

My Maxx with a 2200kv on 4s did 49mph, GPS verfied. For what its meant to be used for, this is more than fast enough. In a huge flat open space, you notice it could do with another 5/10mph. But if Im in a huge flat open space Im not going to be using a Monster Truck am I?

I think it’s getting compared more to a flat pan chassis design as that’s what it is the Maxx on the other hand is nothing like a flat pan chassis design . This is  not what I’d call a hcg monster truck like the Maxx at all if anything this Is more like a buggy with big wheels as that’s basically what it is with a wheelie bar rather than a rear wing 

7 hours ago, babylon said:

I'm also a bit confused with all the speed talk going on about this car,  Not wishing to talk for everybody here, But I thought most of us were passed the 'Hey mister, How fast dose it go'.

It's a truck for jumping, It's a truck for having fun with, But one of the main gripe's seems to be that it's not very fast in a straight line, Sorry but if the main complaint is that I can't hit that skate ramp at 55mph then you deserve every broken arm and bent chassis you get.   

Blimey dude, you been on the crystal meth?

Know not everyone was in agreement but JayTee has posted a video with this on a 15t pinion and I would say it has woken it up and is the speed that I at least expected from a 4s truck.  He hasnt mentioned any other tweaks but it also looks less nose heavy in jumps than his initial runs.

1 hour ago, MrCake said:

Know not everyone was in agreement but JayTee has posted a video with this on a 15t pinion and I would say it has woken it up and is the speed that I at least expected from a 4s truck.  He hasnt mentioned any other tweaks but it also looks less nose heavy in jumps than his initial runs.

He didn’t want to show how hot it got though ! Woke it up but at what cost 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

I’ve just looked at the weight of the Sketer vs the Radix 4, which has the same electrics, the Sketer weighs 900g more, that’s pretty much 2lb… I would say the electrics are on their limit in the Sketer, a true truggy/mt (74mm can) combo would have been a much better choice imo 

• Like 1

Yep agreed but sadly they didn’t leave any wiggle room by the looks so you got zero chance of shoe horning anything bigger in it. It would come over like Corally like to gear to the max out the box from last trucks can’t see this one being different 

• Like 1

I hear what you're saying re the combo / 4068 can size - in theory I agree 100%, but what about the standard can in a Maxx? That's only a 36mm can, only 2mm longer than the sketer can, and higher kv, in a truck that's another 200 odd grams heavier again. And you don't read lots about those motors going up in smoke? Maybe just leave it at 13t pinny, and up the punch a little, still probably plenty fast enough for most compact areas I get to run my rcs in.

Haha

Jaytee must have been listening!

Max8, 6s, 20 tooth pinion, standard motor, 66mph at 3/4 throttle, as he puts it.

Corally has an upgraded 6s transmission in here, with all of their recent HD upgrades, which would cost near £100 for a Kronos V1 or V2. I know, as I fitted most of them to the Kronos I recently sold.

I don’t need one of these, though had it been available 6 months ago would certainly been on any shortlist I may have been making at the time. I  can’t help but hope it is as solid and reliable as it looks.

Cheers

Steve