• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally Sketer XL4S MT RTR

Nick

1 hour ago, bertberr said:

The Kuron 725 motor - does anybody what size it is, ie 3660/65/70 etc?  Someone with a Radix 4S will know as its the same system I think. Thanks 👍

Its actually an 8th scale 4068

Scroll down and click the arrow by the TX and it says

https://world.corally.com/sketer-2022/

Its a 4S Max 8 Combo pretty much, Im telling you, £409 is a great price for this!

Edited by Kpowell911

Thanks for that, though its proved far more difficult than it should have been to confirm that - nowhere else in any of the specs / features etc on TC website or any of the retailers, was there any mention of can size.  I'm even more impressed with this rig now, seeing as it comes with a proper 8th scale motor.  Guessing the Max10 SCT is more than capable enough of powering this big old can?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bertberr said:

Thanks for that, though its proved far more difficult than it should have been to confirm that - nowhere else in any of the specs / features etc on TC website or any of the retailers, was there any mention of can size.  I'm even more impressed with this rig now, seeing as it comes with a proper 8th scale motor.  Guessing the Max10 SCT is more than capable enough of powering this big old can?

In all fairness, I found that information regarding can size within seconds on their official site haha

11 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Its actually an 8th scale 4068

Scroll down and click the arrow by the TX and it says

https://world.corally.com/sketer-2022/

Its a 4S Max 8 Combo pretty much, Im telling you, £409 is a great price for this!

But this bigger but cheaper ?  Same company . 

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/335495/

Agreed the specs are pretty good for the money I just don’t get Corally pricing 

Yeah, rrp on the Jambo was 529, is the Jambo one of the so called 'V2' versions?  Just not labeled up as such? Was it one of their better efforts?  Know a few peeps on here who had some of the earlier 6S Corally trucks were a bit disappointed with durability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Surely thats just cause its a discounted old model on sale?

Maybe buts it’s been like that for about 6 months now 

You can even get the XTR  which is there exb equivalent loaded with carbon fibre and 7075 goodies for £299 ! 

The old 4s Arrma range was cheaper kind you they where all plastic and this isn’t 

Maybe I’m just becoming a tight old bugger 😂

1 minute ago, bertberr said:

Yeah, rrp on the Jambo was 529, is the Jambo one of the so called 'V2' versions?  Just not labeled up as such? Was it one of their better efforts?  Know a few peeps on here who had some of the earlier 6S Corally trucks were a bit disappointed with durability.

I had the Jambo it was a tough little truck only real issue was the front hubs but Corally made an upgraded hd version to sort that out. Only other issue was the pillow balls but you could just replace those with the Arrma ones and you where good to go I never had any issue other than that and I beat the living snot out of mine 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I had the Jambo it was a tough little truck only real issue was the front hubs but Corally made an upgraded hd version to sort that out. Only other issue was the pillow balls but you could just replace those with the Arrma ones and you where good to go I never had any issue other than that and I beat the living snot out of mine 

I saw quite a few TY videos of the 6S Corally's and the XTR and they made it look like a pile of poo.  Personally I think many of these videos were ridiculous and purely out for views, not to test the truck in a helpful way.

But by all accounts hardly anyone bought them, hence the widespread discounting.  Unfortunately  what some of these more dubious YT channels say does matter to many RC buyers.

Hoping for some fair reasonable reviews, of this very promising TC 4s truck.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Corally just said on FB that it will now come adjustable turnbuckle instead of the fixed length moulded plastic ones 

Not really a deal breaker on a basher if anything how many bashers ever adjust them anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

43 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

😂😂. Someone must be listening to me whining about the price as it’s just dropped to £399 now 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/corally-sketer-xp-4wd-4s-1-10-monster-truck-brushless-rtr-1342433

Very good price that! Tempted?

Edited by Kpowell911

3 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Very good price that! Tempted?

Very yes. I’m gonna wait for the release of the mt8 see what that’s like but I’ll be getting one or the other as I’m looking for something light and smaller than the big stuff to throw in the boot of the car 

• Like 1