• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

BOOM Racing RX02 scale crawling chassis

53HRA

Features:

• Available in a 4 link version and leaf spring version
  • Chassis designed to fit Team Raffee D110 hard bodies
  • Includes unique UK license plates that matches chassis serial number
  • 2-speed transmission with remote shifting
  • SRD Anti-Torque Twist transfer case
  • Carbon fiber 7mm chassis rails
  • BRX90 high pinion PHAT axles w/ AR44 keyed helical cut gears
  • KUDU heavy-duty 110-125mm steel CVD drive shafts
  • Quick-release body system
  • 1.9″ 16-hole steelie beadlock wheels
  • 1.9″ MAXGRAPPLER 97x32mm GEKKO compound tires
  • High clearance aluminum links
  • High clearance skid plate
  • Centralized chassis weight and drivetrain layout
  • High performance rubber sealed bearings
  • High grade 12.9 alloy steel nickel plated screws

boom-racing-43501-700x600.jpg

boom-racing-43549-700x600.jpg

boom-racing-43528-700x600.jpg

boom-racing-43550-700x600.jpg

View full news article

• Like 2

Love the looks, but i'll be the pooper here: it has the same problem (to me) as my RC4WD. Screwing the shell down is just awful and so user-unfriendly. I just can't be arsed to unscrew the shell, put in a battery, drive to where-ever i wanna be, connect the battery, fiddle four tiny screws into the shell, losing two of them in the mud, drive around, unscrew the now two screws to get the shell off, losing another one in the car somehow, disconnect the battery and go home again. 

Why does "scale" really mean "inconvenience"? Why is no one coming up with a decent "hidden" clamp system?

Hard pass for me, i absolutely despise it on the RC4WD and wouldn't be any different on this one. Despite how awesome i personally think it looks. 

1 hour ago, Ninetiesbeard said:

another land rover?

My thoughts exactly!  Yes, they put a huge amount of work into the chassis and then sitting on top is the Defender body yet again!  Please, let's see something new!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ross9999992 said:

Screwed on bodyshell, what the what? That’s a thing? Eww.

What’s wrong with Velcro or even magnets 🤦🏼‍♂️

Yup, 4x dinky M2 screws. You can see them in the pictures too, at the bottom of the arches. And of course, the inner part that you screw into is plastic, so chances are you'll strip one eventually. As happened to me. Not to mention that if the cement/glue doesn't set properly and it moves when you assemble the shell, it doesn't line up 100% and you have to faff about to get the dinky screw in - and of course, when painting the shell, you gotta make sure not to get paint in there (or drill it back out). 

I just despise it, leading issue as to why i'm basically not using my Trail Finder 2 anymore. 

16 minutes ago, PraetoR said:

£595 with a hard body.

Just went up in price. Earlier when i posted the first time, it was £450ish without body, plus £76 hardshell. Must've been a pre-order thing or something. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Yup, 4x dinky M2 screws. You can see them in the pictures

Wow that’s horrible, I did wonder if it was them after I read your other post. 

Landys have side steps right? Steps (to support it during rollovers) and Velcro - sorted 🤦🏼‍♂️

I’m not really a fan of scalers but that really does seem silly.

Edited by Ross9999992

I think it's awesome, I would totally be in the same boat as you guys knocking it for being "another Defender" - but this raises the bar, it isn't some lousy polycarbonate shell with some stickers for the lights. They've smashed it out the park.

@m4inbrain / @Ross9999992 - the screws you see in the photo actually screw into a "quick release" bar that then clips into the chassis. So the chassis comes with 2x bars you screw into the shell either side with the small screws you are seeing, then these bars quick releases on/off the chassis. 🙂 It's actually really clever, much more sturdy than velcro or magnets and very discreet!

• Like 2

Liking the look of this would have been nice to see something other than a land rover but it's great to see a proper hard body with an interior on a rtr model. I like the idea of the unique number plate, does this mean we will see cut n shut and cloned versions? imagining turning up at meet and someone has the same as you😂

Body mounting from about 4mins in

Edited by stretch
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick said:

I think it's awesome, I would totally be in the same boat as you guys knocking it for being "another Defender" - but this raises the bar, it isn't some lousy polycarbonate shell with some stickers for the lights. They've smashed it out the park.

@m4inbrain / @Ross9999992 - the screws you see in the photo actually screw into a "quick release" bar that then clips into the chassis. So the chassis comes with 2x bars you screw into the shell either side with the small screws you are seeing, then these bars quick releases on/off the chassis. 🙂 It's actually really clever, much more sturdy than velcro or magnets and very discreet!

I stand corrected - it's only my Trailfinder 2 that's awful then lol.

Good to see that they "sorted" that problem. Now if only i could be arsed to build another shell, hm.. 

I've got 4 bolts holding my D90 shell to my SCX10 chassis, it really isn't that much of a pita, captive nuts on the slider supports and a cordless driver mean I can pop the shell off and on pretty quickly. 

21 hours ago, Ninetiesbeard said:

True, id love to see a series landy though

something like this?

93252-A50-D20-C-4-BFA-9523-42-C13-B1-D17

1-FA62165-4-F7-C-41-DD-A3-E7-73-B17-BC19

not the best but i was happy with how it turned out, actually been thinking of selling it.

it won “best of show” along with the burger van at the 2018 (or 2019, can’t remember, lol) uk recon g6.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gaz! said:

something like this?

93252-A50-D20-C-4-BFA-9523-42-C13-B1-D17

1-FA62165-4-F7-C-41-DD-A3-E7-73-B17-BC19

not the best but i was happy with how it turned out, actually been thinking of selling it.

it won “best of show” along with the burger van at the 2018 (or 2019, can’t remember, lol) uk recon g6.

Well done on that! great reproduction for sure. Ive got a d90 bod that i bought brand new with the intention of doing the same, but i went in a different direction, i suppose i should let that go as well