• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Element RC Trailrunner and Knightrunner owners thread

tomr

That looks good. The wheels on mine are 1.9" but the tyres are still class 1 (Outer Diameter: 4.19in / 106.4mm) so not super huge like the normal 4.75in / 120mm.

I need to get my inner fenders trimmed and painted next I think

• Like 1

@Derka, did you get much running with the bigger tyres? 

edit: rubbing, not running. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by BigGinge
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BigGinge said:

@Derka, did you get much running with the bigger tyres? 

edit: rubbing, not running. 🤦‍♂️

No rubbing yet. I may get some at full front articulation and turning full lock. 

I have tucked the front bumper in closer to the body and trimmed 5mm off the bumper corners as they would be close to catching. I think anything larger than 106mm will require fender trimming and maybe the need to raise the body shell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recently got myself a knightrunner also my first scale truck so far I've only printed a few bits and got a cheap light kit. But I plan on getting a second body which will be my pretty one so thats gonna have the better lights and everything on it

PXL_20220508_133051015.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Small wheels and ifs thats not a performer (rock crawling) but looks and drives nice, its a trail truck, so does just fine on the light stuff.
Needs some bowhouse parts for the ifs to get it working right, they also no longer make the ifs kit, so spares will dwindle long term.
Diffs are the weak point, but they do heavy duty ones.
If you print the knightcustoms low profile ifs, bowhouse parts will not function.

2 hours ago, Stewalker77 said:

What's the best the trail runner or knight runner

They're effectively the same thing with a different body shell. Choose the one you like the look of best.

Alternatively, look at the Gatekeeper, Ecto or Sendero HD for a better performance crawling. 

14 minutes ago, Derka said:

They're effectively the same thing with a different body shell. Choose the one you like the look of best.

Alternatively, look at the Gatekeeper, Ecto or Sendero HD for a better performance crawling. 

Cheers mate I want an all rounder for trail and crawling which is best

What inner fenders are people running on the Knightrunner? I have had a look online and I can't see any specific to this model.

Just picked my knightrunner up as a first trail truck and I want to get some inner fenders to stop all the mud getting into the electronics.

• 3 months later...

Been awhile since I last popped my head in here.

Knightrunner has had some serious changes since, its completely dropped the original chassis and is now running the Builders kit 2... so I guess that makes it a Builders kit 2 with a Knightrunner shell? whatever it is it's performance has massively increased.

Or maybe that was the 1.9" Hyraxes I fitted, meh with that door stop of an IFS gone and some nice bitey tyres I couldn't be more happy with it. Had to trim the wheels arches a little to stop the rubbing, I think I shaved it quite well, you'd almost never have noticed had I not said anything.

It's also picked up many more battle scars (These are not shelf queens I use and abuse my toys) lost the snorkel and a wing mirror somewhere in a forest, couldn't be bothered to search for them. Got rid of that tent on the back because it's just that damn heavy and makes climbing weird, like trying to balance a ball bearing in the middle of a plate.

So yeah here's my solid axle Builders kit 2 with a battered Knightrunner body, oh and the wife's mostly stock Trailrunner with a 1080 and super swampers, she's getting some 1.9" tyres soon just you wait and see!

20220928_193603.jpg

20220928_193703.jpg

20220928_193741.jpg

20220928_193842.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/09/2022 at 11:54, Alvarez said:

Been awhile since I last popped my head in here.

Knightrunner has had some serious changes since, its completely dropped the original chassis and is now running the Builders kit 2... so I guess that makes it a Builders kit 2 with a Knightrunner shell? whatever it is it's performance has massively increased.

Or maybe that was the 1.9" Hyraxes I fitted, meh with that door stop of an IFS gone and some nice bitey tyres I couldn't be more happy with it. Had to trim the wheels arches a little to stop the rubbing, I think I shaved it quite well, you'd almost never have noticed had I not said anything.

It's also picked up many more battle scars (These are not shelf queens I use and abuse my toys) lost the snorkel and a wing mirror somewhere in a forest, couldn't be bothered to search for them. Got rid of that tent on the back because it's just that damn heavy and makes climbing weird, like trying to balance a ball bearing in the middle of a plate.

So yeah here's my solid axle Builders kit 2 with a battered Knightrunner body, oh and the wife's mostly stock Trailrunner with a 1080 and super swampers, she's getting some 1.9" tyres soon just you wait and see!

20220928_193603.jpg

20220928_193703.jpg

20220928_193741.jpg

20220928_193842.jpg

@Alvarez  Which links did you use for the SAS swap? Im trying to do the same but all the link kits are for the 313mm wheelbase while the Knightrunner is 325mm.

Edited by NarcissisticYETI

• 4 months later...

I’ve just got a trailrunner rtr and the plan is to make a I think there called a prerunner or 4Runner something like that as the stock gearing is slow what would be good gearing and motor setup for that bit more speed nothing stupid fast but quite a bit faster than stock