• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Element RC Trailrunner and Knightrunner owners thread

tomr

On 01/02/2022 at 18:32, Derka said:

Gents, I'm looking into the Knightrunner front and rear light buckets from Knight Customs Shapeways store. 

For basic white plastic parts (£31.30), shipped (£13.40) processed as an economy service comes in at £46.29!

Does anyone here 3D Print or know of a cheaper way to source the light buckets?

I had the same predicament a couple of months back. I searched around and contacted a couple of 3D printing shops near me and most quoted me pretty much what it would cost to have Shapeways print it for me with postage on top.

However if you go with another company you have the additional cost of buying the 3D file too.

It's pricey for sure no matter which way you look at it. I just gave up and stuck with buying it from Shapeways as it's more convenient and they are a trusted source. Parts arrived in about 5 days with full tracking. Excellent quality stuff.

This has really made me consider purchasing a 3D printer later in the year just to avoid this cost/hassle.

• 2 weeks later...

I originally asked this question over in the SC1-E thread about the Carisma Ford F-150 body but it looks like that won’t fit. So, would anyone who has the knight runner body shell please do me a favour and measure something for me?

I would like to know if the shell is wide enough to fit my TRX4 without me needing to trim the fenders. So if someone could take a measurement of the internal width near the wheel arches that would be brilliant. The picture below shows the fenders that I’m hoping this will clear, which are 200 mm (ish) across. 

7BFCC894-1B98-42F0-BD3A-05C51C67F3BC.thumb.jpeg.b75f9c8b5309faf540edf33f2f92ac73.jpeg

• 2 months later...