• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Element RC Trailrunner and Knightrunner owners thread

tomr

Wow.....just realised its nearly 9 years since I last posted on here!!  Anyway, I ordered my Trailrunner last night when I saw the price on Modelsport!  Was going to pull the trigger on the Sendero HD (so much better than my old SCX10ii) to match my 9year old sons but at the price this was at it seemed worth a punt as I quite like the IFS and smaller wheels / tyres.  

Spent alot of time on the Tube watching vids and it seems OK so im quite excited to see how it goes.  If the worst comes to the worst, I'll convert it to solid front axle.

I suspect there will be a few more 'Runners showing up in the near future so hopefully this thread will be a good source of info and pics👍

Edited by callisr
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, callisr said:

Wow.....just realised its nearly 9 years since I last posted on here!!  Anyway, I ordered my Trailrunner last night when I saw the price on Modelsport!  Was going to pull the trigger on the Sendero HD (so much better than my old SCX10ii) to match my 9year old sons but at the price this was at it seemed worth a punt as I quite like the IFS and smaller wheels / tyres.  

Spent alot of time on the Tube watching vids and it seems OK so im quite excited to see how it goes.  If the worst comes to the worst, I'll convert it to solid front axle.

I suspect there will be a few more 'Runners showing up in the near future so hopefully this thread will be a good source of info and pics👍

Nice 👍Hard to resist for the sale price,   be good to have a few different runners in the thread .

Nice! the kit should come with them in my opinion. Especially as Elements option is just a polycarbonate mould which you have to paint and cut yourself.

Tip for painting the fenders though, the film is on the inner side, to get a uniform finish I removed it before painting and painted both sides using Core Rc black. Once dry it looks just like the black plastic the chassis parts are made from.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alvarez said:

Nice! the kit should come with them in my opinion. Especially as Elements option is just a polycarbonate mould which you have to paint and cut yourself.

Tip for painting the fenders though, the film is on the inner side, to get a uniform finish I removed it before painting and painted both sides using Core Rc black. Once dry it looks just like the black plastic the chassis parts are made from.

Top tip I need to remember that when they arrive  👍

I’ve seen Plenty of 3D printable inner fender files about, I really need to get into the 3D printer stuff.

Mine was delivered yesterday but I've not opened it yet due to work etc.  Think ill go straight for the front bumper for starters then just get out to the woods and see what's what.  My 9yr old son has the Sendero HD so itll be interesting to see them side by side......  Im really impressed by his Sendero HD and was going to just get one of those until I saw the price of the TR.  It was a no brainer!

I like the idea of the Knightrunner rear bumper and i think the bum drag of the Trailrunner is what's going to annoy me first - so I reckon that will be my first 'paid for' mod.  After that, and in no particular order, id like to try a Quicrun Fusion and maybe some Proline TSL's or go to 1.9's.......  

I'm excited to try this TR (and I don't get excited often!

Cheers,

Rich

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Derka said:

Looking great!

I've just ordered the Knightrunner! 

I've had various Element RC's before but not this one or one with IFS!

Really excited to get it and start customising!

Very nice 👍🏻 I’m tempted to pick a Knightrunner body up for mine 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Looking good mate but do you really need to do the ouside of fenders ?

Nah but it well make them look more like the plastic on the truck ….but yeah saying that I’m not really bothered 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Derka said:

I've ordered the inner fenders too. Is still just the Sendero ones but trimmed to fit? Couldn't see any specific to KR.

I'd like to get the front and rear light buckets from Shapeways and fit the lights

As far as I know the only difference is in the wheelbase, it’s 12mm longer on the KR so yeah I’m guessing they’re just trimmed slightly different. 
Good idea on the light buckets I’d like them myself 

• Like 1

So I've not had a chance to do anything with mine until today so the front bumper is fitted, and the battery tray changed to the larger one.  

I had a quick measure of the rear bumper on my scx10ii blazer and it looks like it will fit quite nicely on the TR with a hefty trim of the back of the shell (AX31537 is the Axial part number).

My 9yr old son has an inset day from school tomorrow so we are taking the TR and his Sendero HD out to the woods to see how the TR goes.  After that I'll have the start of an idea what to do with it.  

Didn't bother with pics of today because it is just the same old stuff we've all seen before, but I'll try and get some tomorrow.  It'll be fairly muddy so I'm thinking the inner fenders will actually end up being my first upgrade!

Cheers,

Rich

Edited by callisr
  • Like 2

On 24/01/2022 at 21:04, Alvarez said:

Managed to get a break in the rain and took the trucks out for a run at the shoreline.

Very chilled out video just working our way over the rocks and picking out lines though them, also was the wife's first try on her Trailrunner.

It also demonstrates the difference between the stock electronics and a Hobbywing Axe setup.

Enjoy.

I'd had literally just watched this video before I logged on here to see what was happening in this thread!  I'd love to have a spot like that nearby!

Cheers

Rich

• Like 1

On 30/01/2022 at 09:35, tomr said:

Very nice 👍🏻 I’m tempted to pick a Knightrunner body up for mine 

Just a heads up, you will need a full set of longer rear links to extend the wheelbase to fit the KR bodyshell onto the TR chassis.

You could potentially slacken off the stock links to give the required length but this would leave weak point and likely make the rear end very sloppy as there would only be a couple mil thread holding the links together.

If you go this route I'd recommend picking up a set of high clearance links 🙂

• Like 1

Gents, I'm looking into the Knightrunner front and rear light buckets from Knight Customs Shapeways store. 

For basic white plastic parts (£31.30), shipped (£13.40) processed as an economy service comes in at £46.29!

Does anyone here 3D Print or know of a cheaper way to source the light buckets?