• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Absima CR3P AFHDS Transmitter

JonnyUK

Think I managed to track some down, seems that they might have only been released recently.

Should give a longer runtime than the AA batteries seen as its a 2s lipo.

The manual says the input voltage for the tx is 6v and the low volt alarm is 4.5v whereas it says the rx can take 4.8 to 7.4v

Due to that I would consider not just connecting the 2s directly to it, I would run a 5v bec and a lipo alarm.

To be fair though rechargeable AA’s will easily last more than a day of use. They seem to just last forever. Charge before you play and/or have a spare set and you’re laughing 👍🏻

I did do the mod! But you will need a bec to drop the voltage on a 2s lipo I also fitted an on off push button switch with lipo low voltage cut put built in if I remember, you will need to open out the front of the battery tray plastic in the fron of the base to fit it all in, honestly if I were to do it again I wouldn't bother just get rechargeable aa or get a fly sky gt3c it has a lipo pre fitted.

Thanks all.

But they list this particular lipo pack to fit the transmitter, so it should be ok i would have expected.

It does also state that the battery pack has a built in low voltage shut off.

I try to avoid rechargeable AA's in most things because the fully charged voltage is 1.2v each compared to 1.5v for disposables. 4.8v vs 6v in this case.

I've got a couple of the transmitters and once the AA's drop in voltage the tx just beeps and shuts off as soon as turn it on.

I might contact Absima to confirm these packs they sell fit the cr3p.

On another note, isn't this tx just a rebranded gt3c, I'm sure I read it somewhere.

Edited by JonnyUK

Quick update, contacted Absima Germany and they confirmed that it is the correct lipo and the voltage is safe.

They do a couple of variants with either a futaba or jst plug for the transmitter. Its charged with one of their chargers via the balance plug.  I also think the battery can be charged by plugging an adapter into the controller itself.

This is the one for the CR3P and CR2SV2:

https://www.absima.shop/RC-ACCESSORIES/RC-Electronic/Radio-Receiver/TX-LiPo-2S-7-4V-1200mAh-SC-with-Protect-JR-FUT-.htm?shop=absima_en&SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=4140016&t=19114&c=19128&p=19128

And this is the charger:

https://www.absima.shop/pp/absima-charger-lc-1-lipo-100v-240v.htm?shop=absima_en&SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=4000031UK&t=19114&c=19196&p=19196

I sourced the same items from a UK seller instead of importing.

Screenshot 2022-01-14 103106.jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-14 103222.jpg