• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL

Kpowell911

16 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

great to see you enjoying her a nice bargain that brother surprised it wasnt snapped up earlier a great rc the 4x4 pede 👍

Honestly, I was out with my Mrs and our nephew. They had a Maxx and a Rustler 4x4 on 4S/3S. I was just pottering around on 2S with the Pede and was having such a good time. Ive always loved the Stampede in 2WD form. Ive had RCs cost 10x more and still loved the stampede/rustler 2wd. 

I shouldve brought a 4WD Pede years ago!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Innocuous looking coming together in a drag race with the Rustler 4x4 broke a rear hub. So alloy ones on the way. Loving how “cumbersome” it is compared to the Rustler, and wasnt really in its element. Gonna need some upgrades mind. 

tbdS870.jpg

NPDE2fq.jpg

Edited by Kpowell911

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to lower the shell and take the pre load spacers out to slam it down:

AOw28pW.jpg

Also geared up and added Fastrax Axles all round

WDTjqh0.jpg

fRcSX7s.jpg

However….. it handles terribly 😅

I love the Stampede, but its definately the ugly duckling of the range. Its a short wheel base and high centre of gravity, so needs some work. 

Going to put some GTR shocks on it and try again

• 1 month later...

So today I ran 6 of my RCs, with the idea to maybe sell 5 of those 6…… Last time out with this, as I said it handled terribly, which wouldve put it on the chopping block. However, I decided to add GTR Shocks and Springs. 

LefB32p.jpg

oWXRiai.jpg

These arent cheap shocks, BUT. Ive ran these lots of times on various vehicles, and you know what, Ive just brought them as an upgrade because they look good…. However, today I realised just how much of a performance upgrade they actually are. Its a genuine night and day difference, and Ive not yet tuned them. 

iES3FXs.jpg

The shell is toast, but this performs so well now for what it is, this maybe a keeper.

Oh yea. Im having range issues, so may need to sort that first….

Im pleasantly suprised

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

I know this thread is old now but might just find and paint the same body in the same colour 🤣 

I just got all emotional reading this thread again haha. Must admit, that shell looked gorgeous but seemed very brittle. Glad you’re enjoying the Stampede, I think theyre a Marmite RC but to me, the Stampede is as important to my RC journey as any Tamiya. I was besotted with the 2wd one in my teens haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kpowell911 said:

I just got all emotional reading this thread again haha. Must admit, that shell looked gorgeous but seemed very brittle. Glad you’re enjoying the Stampede, I think theyre a Marmite RC but to me, the Stampede is as important to my RC journey as any Tamiya. I was besotted with the 2wd one in my teens haha

🤣 yeah I’m enjoying it a lot I’m planning on giving it some love over the next couple of months starting with a new body just had the idea to do the same body as it originally had 😆 I don’t do stupid jumps or anything like the so the body might last a bit longer with my driving style 

1 minute ago, RC4WD fan said:

🤣 yeah I’m enjoying it a lot I’m planning on giving it some love over the next couple of months starting with a new body just had the idea to do the same body as it originally had 😆 I don’t do stupid jumps or anything like the so the body might last a bit longer with my driving style 

Cant take credit for the paintjob, I think that was @tanveer but I think its this shell

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/pro-line-2017-ford-f-150-raptor-clear-body-403930

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kpowell911 said:

Cant take credit for the paintjob, I think that was @tanveer but I think its this shell

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/pro-line-2017-ford-f-150-raptor-clear-body-403930

Already have it in the basket 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

yup that one was painted by me, I still think it looks absolutely mega with those trenchers and that bodyshell 😍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/06/2023 at 10:50, Masterdave said:

Absolutely love my stampede 2wds, both brushed and brushless, but thinking of adding a 4wd to the collection, although I'm worried it will break more being more complex

I love mine to didn’t think I would but no I do 😁I don’t know how how simple the 2wd version is but the 4x4 is simple as can be 👍 the vxl system in mine doesn’t really like 3s the motor gets very hot haven’t used it for a couple of weeks now but I’m going to try it on a 2s next time 

On 04/06/2023 at 21:59, Masterdave said:

I run my 2wd vxl on 3s but turn the throttle down to 60% on the app as I have the Bluetooth module, more than enough punch  and good battery life

I could do that but it says 3s on the box/listing so for me go 💯 or go home 🤣