• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TomR’s Gatekeeper build

tomr

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

does box open up to make an Rc garage, i thought you had a shed garage to build in then i noticed the windows were scale to car

Ha ha yes and I probably have more space in the cardboard box garage than i do in my actual shed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tomr said:

Deep dish wheels have finally arrived, that’s gave me the push I needed to paint the body panels ....the wife’s going around her pals shortly so I’ll spray them by the back door 😁

CEEEC634-352E-490C-B237-FA169AAA737E.thumb.jpeg.203accec1a08ca7dc3c443ae31457b78.jpeg

They’re lush, where’re they from?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

They’re lush, where’re they from?

Yeah they look and feel great for the money 👍 I’m more than happy with them 

From here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003471879085.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.667219demrVP4n&algo_pvid=315b55f8-7875-4023-864d-b8b063668161&algo_exp_id=315b55f8-7875-4023-864d-b8b063668161-21&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000025940545124"}&pdp_pi=-1%3B13.99%3B-1%3B-1%40salePrice%3BGBP%3Bsearch-mainSearch

Edited by tomr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

Get covid, you won’t smell a thing for weeks after!

I sprayed my Rangey at work today and had no idea it was stinking out the whole place 😂🤣

Looking forward to seeing what you’ve done with it, I quite fancy one of those Rangey kits 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

2FA1B1F6-AF27-48F0-AB56-C4C81804BB6B.jpeg

Ooh I like that mate 👍 love the 80’s look and the wheels poking out of the arches .

I wasn’t planning on buying any more trail trucks but might have to pick me  one of these up.

Edited by tomr
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Looks stunning mate, wheels really set it of, dont forget the rope/string/strap to stop shell hingeing to far

Thanks mate 👍 the wheels where definitely worth waiting for I nearly gave up on them and bought something else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigGinge said:

Very much enjoying how this has turned out. 

Have you used the plastic bag marbling technique to do the panels?

Cheers buddy 👍

Yeah that’s right I used the plastic bag trick, ended up with a rather nice but unwanted pattern on my T-shirt 😁

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Kezturbo said:

Do the deep dish wheels give it a wider stance?

Yes the offset on them is big they add a fair bit off width, you can just make out on the pic the wheel hex  sits out further than the inner wheel edge .

F44A978A-3845-4EDB-B572-860585C334A3.thumb.jpeg.4bbd4a3bfeb43266746fde6dd91993d3.jpeg

Edited by tomr
  • Like 1

On 21/01/2022 at 22:57, tomr said:

Yeah they look and feel great for the money 👍 I’m more than happy with them ...

@tomr How are you getting on with these wheels? Much effect on the steering?

Looking at my GK I think it's going to be a bit tippy, so am thinking about either extending the hubs or grabbing a set of these.

Thanks

Edited by Phil_B
Spacing of text from quote
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Phil_B said:

@tomr How are you getting on with these wheels? Much effect on the steering?

Looking at my GK I think it's going to be a bit tippy, so am thinking about either extending the hubs or grabbing a set of these.

Thanks

Sorry I’ve not had the chance to run it yet