• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Kanyon Questions

Ferplexed85

Hi all! New to the forum and electric RC’s. I’ve had nitro’s in the past but electric seems to be the future. 

I’ve just ordered myself an FTX Kanyon and have the following questions I hope you can all help with. 

1. What do I need to make it LiPo ready?

2. Are there any different shells (I’d like a flatbed type one)?

3. Is there any way you can increase speed?

4. Is there any upgrades that mean you can change it from a slow crawler to a slightly faster RC car (at the flip of a button for example)?

5. Best upgrades to get ASAP?

Thanks in advance, Matt. 

Hello Welcome!
- Check the manual, should be a case of moving a jumper on the esc for lipo.
- The kanyon is more 1/8th scale you may have difficulty finding a alternate body, however people do cut their bodies into flatbeds.
Screenshot_20220105-170910_Gallery.jpg
- Its a crawler and not designed to go fast, that being said you can increase the pinion size and that in turn will increase your speed.
- Not really switch of a button but best power ratio will come from brushless, 30% faster + 30% more power from the lipo is 60% more power and speed.
   Giving you higher top end speed and more control, the cost of a brushless crawler setup will be about the same as the truck. EG Hobbywing Axe Fusion 130£.
- Some alloy for bracing the chassis, the body mounts on flimsy plates that can easily snap.
12-20.jpg

- Stronger metal geared servo, the ftx plastic ones dont live very long.
- Corrosion X for the RX and electrics incase you play in mud. Keeps the rust at bay and waterproofs electricals safely.

Edited by Redback