• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and shareΒ all things R/C!

****Official**** Corally Kronos/Shogun/XTR Thread

1 hour ago, Tom1208 said:

lol cool vid mate πŸ‘πŸ»

It fair shifts on 4s !!

Wheelies with ease by the looks of it πŸ‘πŸΌΒ 

The ground looks rough your bashing on man. The Truck soaks it all up well considering. Its cool you can self right it sometimes if it ends up on its roof.

yeh i really really abuse it and that same ground had hyper7's and hyper vse's doing cart wheels while the kronos just took it in its stride πŸ™‚

Β 

yeh im used to having the spoiler on it as it wheelies a tad to easy but just before the vid i broke the spoiler mount and the spoiler is my wheely bar lol πŸ™‚

Β 

this is how the vse's handled that same terrain, same bashing session πŸ™‚

Β 

edit: see my hyper vse smash a boulder in half?Β  no damage πŸ™‚

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom1208 said:

No mate your not getting old. This seems insane to me as well. How could anything stand up to some of the bad landings especially Β after being launched into the stratosphere. Some people call it extreme bashing i call it abuse !!! πŸ˜‚

Β 

yeh sending something up just for the lulz is a bit beyond me, im happy bashing the hell out my things on 4s as every one can see from the vids i just posted lol i also enjoy fixing and modding them to make them stronger as well though and i know 6s would wreck them on the places i run, 4s is good enough for me πŸ™‚

Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

awesome thread πŸ™‚

Β 

just watch your servo saver isn't to tight mine was out the box and i knackered the servo which corally replaced hassle free πŸ™‚

Β 

yeh as mentioned by stormbringer he is my dad and we are both really impressed with the corally's πŸ™‚

Β 

wee vid of my kronos after i broke the spoiler mount which i use to wheely on and it is only on 4s, oh it is also a v1 kronos with upgraded chassis brace so nothing like the spec of your beast lol

Β 

Β 

i recall after all that abuse all i did was lose a screw on the front body post, bent the back supspension tower which i hammered straight and reinforced, oh and the spoiler mount πŸ˜›

Β 

Fair play! You thrashed it about and it still lives - thanks for sharing! It's certainly rapid for 4S, I'm guessing it's the Team Corally ESC and motor you're running?Β 

Β 

Thanks for posting the video. πŸ‘

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, horatio said:

Β 

Fair play! You thrashed it about and it still lives - thanks for sharing! It's certainly rapid for 4S, I'm guessing it's the Team Corally ESC and motor you're running?Β 

Β 

Thanks for posting the video. πŸ‘

yeh stock 100 amp on the vse and stock corally 150 amp on the kronos for both the motors and the esc's, the corally ones are rebranded hobbywings btw πŸ™‚

Β 

the program card for my hobbywing vse worked on my kronos torox system ,(edit) the stock kronos is the 150 amp max 8 esc just rebranded to torox for corallyπŸ™‚

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom1208 said:

No mate your not getting old. This seems insane to me as well. How could anything stand up to some of the bad landings especially Β after being launched into the stratosphere. Some people call it extreme bashing i call it abuse !!! πŸ˜‚

Β 

It's rather difficult defining what 'extreme bashing' is. But I'm a firm believer in 'play stupid games, win stupid prizes'.Β 

Β 

Ultimately, if people enjoy destroying their equipment for YouTube entertainment, that's fine. But when 'influencers' deliberately spin the video to ruin a manufacturer's reputation, that's not OK.

Β 

It harms RC for everyone and denies people the opportunity to enjoy something that they may otherwise have tried.Β 

Β 

Thankfully, there are plenty of critical thinkers here, and I'm glad to be making your acquaintance!Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, horatio said:

Β 

It's rather difficult defining what 'extreme bashing' is. But I'm a firm believer in 'play stupid games, win stupid prizes'.Β 

Β 

Ultimately, if people enjoy destroying their equipment for YouTube entertainment, that's fine. But when 'influencers' deliberately spin the video to ruin a manufacturer's reputation, that's not OK.

Β 

It harms RC for everyone and denies people the opportunity to enjoy something that they may otherwise have tried.Β 

Β 

Thankfully, there are plenty of critical thinkers here, and I'm glad to be making your acquaintance!Β 

Β 

Β 

i am in full agreement with you, there is one thing like just faffing about and having fun with the models and repairing them like i do but to go out somones way to deliberatly target a model and abuse it to hell and back and then say its weak just to damage the brand is detrimental to us all πŸ™‚

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Yrkoon said:

yeh stock 100 amp on the vse and stock corally 150 amp on the kronos for both the motors and the esc's, the corally ones are rebranded hobbywings btw πŸ™‚

Β 

the program card for my hobbywing vse worked on my kronos torox system ,(edit) the stock kronos is the 150 amp max 8 esc just rebranded to torox for corallyπŸ™‚

The TC electronics are magic though. 😜 Corally have seemingly done something that makes them quick. Hopefully, someone will Dyno them and shed some light on how.... 

Β 

The XTR is plenty rapid on 4S and insane on 6S. I think for control and smoothness, 4S is probably better for off road use. Like you say, it has to be kinder on the truck too.Β 

4 minutes ago, horatio said:

The TC electronics are magic though. 😜 Corally have seemingly done something that makes them quick. Hopefully, someone will Dyno them and shed some light on how.... 

Β 

The XTR is plenty rapid on 4S and insane on 6S. I think for control and smoothness, 4S is probably better for off road use. Like you say, it has to be kinder on the truck too.Β 

hehe aye i could not imagine using 6s on the kronos or the converted hyper 7 even though both have esc's that can run 6s, i beleive the normal kronos is geared for 4s btw no idea about the xtr one πŸ™‚

Β 

edit: im very attacthed to my models i would not do stuff with them if i thought they wouldnt survive it, luckily the kronos and hypers are solid πŸ™‚

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yrkoon said:

i am in full agreement with you, there is one thing like just faffing about and having fun with the models and repairing them like i do but to go out somones way to deliberatly target a model and abuse it to hell and back and then say its weak just to damage the brand is detrimental to us all πŸ™‚

☝️I hope as this thread progresses people will see the sense! 

Β 

There are bound to be common issues - people here are bound to share the solutions.Β 

Β 

I'm really looking forward to jumping mine and getting some footage. πŸ‘

• Like 2

1 minute ago, horatio said:

☝️I hope as this thread progresses people will see the sense! 

Β 

There are bound to be common issues - people here are bound to share the solutions.Β 

Β 

I'm really looking forward to jumping mine and getting some footage. πŸ‘

apparantly the wheel hubs on the front might be a issue, dad and i have never encountered that issue though and we both have a kronos and he has the shogun πŸ™‚

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yrkoon said:

apparantly the wheel hubs on the front might be a issue, dad and i have never encountered that issue though and we both have a kronos and he has the shogun πŸ™‚

What sort of issue is that?

Β 

I remember the Savage used to have terrible trouble with the 14mm hexes, and the wheels. Woefully inadequate.Β 

Β 

23mm hexes solved it!Β 

21 minutes ago, horatio said:

What sort of issue is that?

Β 

I remember the Savage used to have terrible trouble with the 14mm hexes, and the wheels. Woefully inadequate.Β 

Β 

23mm hexes solved it!Β 

some people say the pillow balls or some thing pop out, never had that issue on my v1 kronos or dads v2 kronos and his shogun πŸ™‚

Β 

edit: corally acknoledged the issue and have new ones now and for people of older ones you can get em free or something πŸ™‚

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 2

Love the grey on your xtr Brian !

looks the same colour my dark impact is.

i look forward to seeing the new xtr. I didn’t know there was a new one coming out.

EADA3F8A-8307-4CB1-BC82-3FD5F64E6C07.thumb.jpeg.7113e5722275ff7016408afc6aa249a8.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

Here's my Krome Kronos XTR, Max6/4082 (1600kv 'ish motor)

Β 

In my opinion the XTR doesn't need a big block motor, therefore the Basherqueen riser is not needed..!!

The truck is lighter than a Kraton etc etc....

Β 

First thing you will probably break will be the grafite chassis stiffener, go get yourself the newer 7075 version that was released lat last year..

https://www.corally.com/New-Products/October-21/Team-Corally-Chassis-Stiffener-XTR-Center-Swiss-Made-7075-T6-3mm-Hard-Anodised-Black-Made-in-Italy-1-pc/

Β 

Few shots of mine..Β 

IMG_0419.thumb.jpeg.2986bd98ffecc30047047e70f25db7d8.jpegIMG_0404.thumb.jpeg.a089f8e53004abd2c77bba2a987b46ec.jpeg

Β 

Β 

P.S. there is a new XTR due out very soon and I believe it will be a Kraton killer..!!!

There's a new XTR coming out?!! 😎😁 Awesome. Looks like we'll have to form an orderly queue.... 

Β 

The Kuron 825 motor has plenty of go, so I'm not in any hurry to increase performance. However, I'd heard that the bigger/longer cans can offer even better performance but with lower temperatures. Does that sound right?Β 

Β 

This is all new to me, so I'm just seeing what the options could be down the line.Β 

Β 

Now that the new XTR is coming out, I'll have to buy another ESC and motor at any rate.. 😜

Β 

Love your truck by the way!Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom1208 said:

looks the same colour my dark impact is.

i look forward to seeing the new xtr. I didn’t know there was a new one coming out.

EADA3F8A-8307-4CB1-BC82-3FD5F64E6C07.thumb.jpeg.7113e5722275ff7016408afc6aa249a8.jpeg

That's a sweet looking buggy. Very bling! πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ

10 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

some people say the pillow balls or some thing pop out, never had that issue on my v1 kronos or dads v2 kronos and his shogun πŸ™‚

Β 

edit: corally acknoledged the issue and have new ones now and for people of older ones you can get em free or something πŸ™‚

Sorry, brain fart - yeah, of course that's what you meant. For some reason I thought you meant the hexes. Thus my going off on a 23mm hub tangent. My bad. πŸ™„πŸ˜‚

• Haha 1

Well today my kronos xtr arrived.Β 

Firstly a big thanks to SWF.Β 

A good guy to deal with, Great communication.

The truck was Β as described, in brilliant condition.

An amazing machine, well looked after. Lots of extra parts included.

Rapid delivery, well packaged. Β 

10 out of 10.

When i removed it from the Β box and took the cover off I couldn’t believe how well built this thing is !!

i stuck 2 2s batteries in it and took it out for a whirl.Β 

By god this thing gets off the mark !!

wheelies on full throttle and when braking hard on tarmac actually flips over on its nose !!Β 

I am well impressed by the kronos !!

Build quality’s amazing. Performance is stunning !!

This thing is going to be a monster on 6s !! Β  (Yep batteries ordered πŸ˜‚)

I would absolutely recommend one of these trucks.

Me and the wee fella had a great time with it today. Couldn’t pry the controller off him. Might need to get him the new one too if He gets his way πŸ˜‚

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 3

Scrolled through some pages back 3 years and couldn't find a dedicated Shogun thread.

Β 

Hopefully it's ok to join in here?

Β 

Just bought an original v1 Shogun off eBay.

Β 

Are Corally still offering discounted/free upgrades with the service packs? If so where do I go to get them?

• Like 1

Heres their website but i think you may need original sales receipt you could contact them through the website if its 2nd hand see if they will help out

https://www.corally.com/

I was using A.J. s Kronos thread for my Shogun but i dont see why we cant post about em here as they are same chassis as Kronos

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Tom1208 said:

Β 

It's actually chrome not grey, I'm the worse picture taker 🀣🀣🀣

Β 

9 hours ago, horatio said:

Β 

The Kuron 825 motor has plenty of go, so I'm not in any hurry to increase performance. However, I'd heard that the bigger/longer cans can offer even better performance but with lower temperatures. Does that sound right?Β 

Β 

Yes correct, lower kv longer or bigger cans = more power and lower temps.

That Kuron 825 motor is a pretty wild one from what everyone tells me..!! I actually think the Corally combo is better than the Max8 that it's based on..!!

Β 

Mine only has that setup in it because that's what I had to hand at the time and I wanted to keep it lighter, rather than go full on Max6 combo which has a large can motor ( that is a great motor ) but just too heavy in my opinion..

Β 

35 minutes ago, Derka said:

Scrolled through some pages back 3 years and couldn't find a dedicated Shogun thread.

Β 

Hopefully it's ok to join in here?

Β 

The more the merrier that's what I say..πŸ‘πŸΌ

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tom1208 said:

Well today my kronos xtr arrived.Β 

Firstly a big thanks to SWF.Β 

A good guy to deal with, Great communication.

The truck was Β as described, in brilliant condition.

An amazing machine, well looked after. Lots of extra parts included.

Rapid delivery, well packaged. Β 

10 out of 10.

When i removed it from the Β box and took the cover off I couldn’t believe how well built this thing is !!

i stuck 2 2s batteries in it and took it out for a whirl.Β 

By god this thing gets off the mark !!

wheelies on full throttle and when braking hard on tarmac actually flips over on its nose !!Β 

I am well impressed by the kronos !!

Build quality’s amazing. Performance is stunning !!

This thing is going to be a monster on 6s !! Β  (Yep batteries ordered πŸ˜‚)

I would absolutely recommend one of these trucks.

Me and the wee fella had a great time with it today. Couldn’t pry the controller off him. Might need to get him the new one too if He gets his way πŸ˜‚

Β 

Β 

Β 

Glad you love the truck. πŸ‘ I think the truck is incredibly cool and I can't wait to clock up some more hours blasting mine around. I'm using 6S at the moment - frankly, it's mental.Β 

Β 

Keep us posted!Β