• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and shareΒ all things R/C!

Stupar's Element RC builders kit V2 build thread

stupar

So here is progress report no.1.

Β 

Bags 1 to 4 covering chassis and gearbox.

It was a nice smooth start although a couple of observations, either the manual references some wrong screws or the bag contained the wrong screws and the manual is correct.

Β 

Nothing that couldn't be sorted though.

Β 

Also managed to faux pa's at the first hurdle by not attaching the panhard mount to the chassis. I will chalk that down to my last 3 builds being 4 link instead.

Easy to fix just a faff when you have to undo a complete set of screws on one side of the chassis πŸ˜–πŸ₯΄

Β 

20211222_193445-01.thumb.jpeg.2f9e6abe5a009917293a75b1deb9714e.jpeg

Β 

Next stop will be axles although I might skip to the shocks first as I always seem to enjoy shock building πŸ˜…

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, lorrylemming said:

Is the Konect system different to the hobbywing fusion? I always assume these things are just rebrands but it looks quite different.Β 

The konect is made by hobbywing but apparently is shorter in length and lighter in weight.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good.Β 
Β 

How is the quality on the hard body you picked up? It looks the same as one I’d been eyeing up, on AliExpress, so I’m curious to see how you get on with it.Β 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

Looking good.Β 
Β 

How is the quality on the hard body you picked up? It looks the same as one I’d been eyeing up, on AliExpress, so I’m curious to see how you get on with it.Β 

The hard body is actually really good quality as are the accessory parts supplied to finish it.

Some body lines are missing but nothing that couldn't be replicated with some fine trim tape.

Β 

The only thing to note is the plastic has a very very fine orange peel effect to it, barely noticeable but to me it means the body will probably need a light rub with wet and dry before primer and paint I reckon.Β 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that, will look forward to seeing what you do with yours and how it looks when it’s painted up.
Β 

Looks like these are, unfortunately, out of stock at greens now. So if I do go for one soon (it is my birthday next month) I’d probably still have to orderΒ direct from China.Β 

Β 

If it’s not to rude to ask would you mind saying what greens were Charing for these when they had some in for sale? Just in case being patient and waiting for these to comeΒ back in stockΒ is looking like the sensible option.Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigGinge said:

Thanks for that, will look forward to seeing what you do with yours and how it looks when it’s painted up.
Β 

Looks like these are, unfortunately, out of stock at greens now. So if I do go for one soon (it is my birthday next month) I’d probably still have to orderΒ direct from China.Β 

Β 

If it’s not to rude to ask would you mind saying what greens were Charing for these when they had some in for sale? Just in case being patient and waiting for these to comeΒ back in stockΒ is looking like the sensible option.Β 

Cheers.

Β 

I must have got the last one and it was a fluke find as Team Raffee call it the 79 Ford Ranger XLT but Greens named it asΒ  "R Gen 2" which skewed Google searches.

Β 

Greens were charging Β£99 for the body.

Β 

Asiatees.com are selling the body for $102 delivered via Fedex so not dissimilar in price but obviously import charges are possible for the latter.

• Like 2