• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Charity Crawl 2022?

Nick

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

Hey guys,

I've been thinking of ways to raise a little more money for charity and do something a bit fun as well! 

How about maybe in 2022 we get together and do a charity scale/crawl?

Find a decent peak to get to the top of or a 5km stretch over some country side that would take a few hours, like an endurance run?

Just testing the water, so let me know your thoughts! 🙂

The Maverick Scout owners group on Facebook did a similar thing one year. If I remember correctly they took them up Mount Snowdon. I'd love to get involved in something like this but it's very unlikely I'd be able to work/family commitments. Happy to support anyone who gets involved with a donation though 🙂

• Like 3

Think you’ve made a mistake there @Nick. ‘fun’ and ‘crawl’?  🤔

Great idea re a fund raising effort. I’d happily donate if going to a good cause 👍🏻

• Like 2

Sounds like there is enough interest! 😄

Well I'll probably wait until some warmer weather before planning things, it will most likely be in North/West Yorkshire - since that's where I am. :lol:

13 hours ago, Ant.p said:

Think you’ve made a mistake there @Nick. ‘fun’ and ‘crawl’?  🤔

Haha! I know what you're saying, I actually have never owned a crawler but the idea of doing something worthy of being charitable with faster stuff would probably mean a 24hr race, which I'm at an age now where I like to be in bed before 10pm. :lol:

I will try to find a place with challenging terrain so it isn't just a walk with your pet RC. 😛

• Like 2

Count me in mate. :good:

as for location, there’s Black rocks just outside Matlock bath, or Bracken rocks (private land) in Derbyshire both have enough scope to run for miles with varying terrain from a trail to rock.

could do a 500 gate trail covering all types of terrain.

always happy to help out if needed, your in my Rc area of interest now @Nick, I’m sure I could pop some prizes in too if that would help?

cheers :cheers:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It would definitely be in Yorkshire I think! When the weather is better. I'll have to check that place out sometime Jack!

I'll start looking into things. 🙂 Do you have a route you could draw on a map or something Jack so I can get a better idea?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nick said:

It would definitely be in Yorkshire I think! When the weather is better. I'll have to check that place out sometime Jack!

I'll start looking into things. 🙂 Do you have a route you could draw on a map or something Jack so I can get a better idea?

will see what i can come up with on google maps 

• Like 1

I still say Black rocks in Derbyshire,

There is literally miles of trails, secure (ish) parking, small cafe and toilets plus there’s loads of pic nic tables just behind the car park so loads of spaces for sales, work areas etc.

also easy enough to get to from the M1 and A6. Makes it more central too making it fairer to the southerners :good:

I’m not into parking up at the side of the road and going off with the Rc, it deffo needs a car park and preferably some benches too.

3 hours ago, Gaz! said:

I still say Black rocks in Derbyshire,

There is literally miles of trails, secure (ish) parking, small cafe and toilets plus there’s loads of pic nic tables just behind the car park so loads of spaces for sales, work areas etc.

also easy enough to get to from the M1 and A6. Makes it more central too making it fairer to the southerners :good:

I’m not into parking up at the side of the road and going off with the Rc, it deffo needs a car park and preferably some benches too.

too far for me, i would just put the fuel money into the good cause

• 3 weeks later...