• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What paint do I use on tamiya 1/6th motorbike

Iain .R

Hi all 

My wifes bought me a xmas prezzie  it's a 1/6th scale tamiya  Harley Davidson  for me to do it up to look like a CHPs  bike .as I have a 1/6th scale vintage action man  so want the cop bike so she got me one 

Well the plastic is black and I want to spray it white . 

Iv never done one these before   so does any one know what tamiya paints to use .  As in sure its  it the same ones as I used on the FTX zorro  clear body shell . .

Also any info one how to paint these.  As iv looked on YT and cant find anyone spraying the plastic on a 1/6th scale motorcycle  the plastic is hard   not soft like the zorro body shell . Cheers 

the PS tamiya range is made for Polycarb bodies as those bodies flex more Iain you would want TS range for harder plastics you may need a primer underneath for light colours but then again the tamiya spray are great quality and give a good even coat so you may get away with out primer id try grey primer with the chips cream was it? my memories bad from the series now lol used to watch it all the time too ol poncho  🤣 used to like they swopped out to mx bikes for any stunts on the show 👍

• Haha 1

On 30/11/2021 at 02:31, Bajadre said:

the PS tamiya range is made for Polycarb bodies as those bodies flex more Iain you would want TS range for harder plastics you may need a primer underneath for light colours but then again the tamiya spray are great quality and give a good even coat so you may get away with out primer id try grey primer with the chips cream was it? my memories bad from the series now lol used to watch it all the time too ol poncho  🤣 used to like they swopped out to mx bikes for any stunts on the show 👍

Hi guys thanks . Yes that's the series I remember as a kid  an poncho  I asked the mrs what was the other guys name   ??? Racked our brains  then remembered  john Baker  bit like buzz lightyear  neil Armstrong  who then other guy lol . 

You made a point in which I'm wondering now   was the bikes white or cream ????? 

Thanks for the info on the paint I'll try and find out what colour they are but if you know if there white or cream    I thought it was white    anyone else who might know  cheers    thanks