• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What happened to the traxxas fiesta St rally?

martin34

37 minutes ago, martin34 said:

Hi I can't find the above car listed for sale anywhere anymore.Traxxas hardly ever discontinue models so how come this one seems to be?

Traxxas site says it will be back in stock Dec   But i don't think it sold that well  so most shops might not stock it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, turok007 said:

Traxxas site says it will be back in stock Dec   But i don't think it sold that well  so most shops might not stock it.

Thanks.Fingers crossed some shops do get them back in as I have a brushless system sitting here that would suit it nicely.

On 29/11/2021 at 12:50, BigGinge said:

The Traxxas rally Fiesta ST is based on a Traxxas Slash 4x4 with shorter arms, different bumper and different body mounts, the links above are for the more Tamiya sized or touring car sized chassis.

it’s a shame they aren’t as popular, I had the Team Associated pro rally a while ago, with some decent shocks it handled great but then sold it and wanted another. so I bought a “good” used Traxxas rally, turned out to be a proper lemon so ended up a money pit and I’ve still not ran it from April since buying it.

pits been rebuilt from the ground up but I just can’t find a reliable and reasonably priced alternative for wheels and tyres, Traxxas ones are very rarely in stock and cost £60 for a set of four, I only have the set it came with and don’t want to destroy them on tarmac and struggle to get anymore.

otherwise it’s a lovely bit of kit and can’t wait to use it lol.

On 29/11/2021 at 05:19, martin34 said:

Thanks.Fingers crossed some shops do get them back in as I have a brushless system sitting here that would suit it nicely.

funnily enough I have a ground up built roller here that would like a nice brushless system to power it lol :topbanana:

Not strictly on topic but in my experience those wanting a bigger rally rig go down the route of a 1/8 buggy or GT.  Running a rear shock tower and longer front shocks does a fairly good job.  Drivetrains are usually good with 4s BL systems without upgrades and 17mm hexes means there's a wide choice of wheels/tyres available.  Now that phatbodies have plugged the market gap for 1/8 rally shells at sensible money there's much more choice of bodyshell too.  My only slight niggle with this route is ground clearance still isn't great but it's probably close to scale and more than adequate for rally use.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys.I have gone with a hyper gt roller as it seems good value for £239 from modelsport.I am not to keen on the body shape but the fiesta st and the hyper have the same wheelbase so I reckon the traxxas body should fit.