• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick strada rx any good?

martin34

I'm currently building a maverick rx out of a mix of maverick and hsp parts, its known as the hsp kutiger and the only real difference ive noticed between the strada and hsp variants are the chassis is layed out on the opposite side with a different motor mount needed. All the mavericks ie the rx,mt,sc are based of the old hsp 4wd buggy chassis!IMG-20211119-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.2ac097c937b3c7b72076a0a32b51b05e.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Strugglecuddle7 said:

I'm currently building a maverick rx out of a mix of maverick and hsp parts, its known as the hsp kutiger and the only real difference ive noticed between the strada and hsp variants are the chassis is layed out on the opposite side with a different motor mount needed. All the mavericks ie the rx,mt,sc are based of the old hsp 4wd buggy chassis!IMG-20211119-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.2ac097c937b3c7b72076a0a32b51b05e.jpeg

Looking  good 👍.Are the wheels and tyres the fastrax arrow lp ones?If so are they the same size as the stock rx ones?

The shell came off the same guy that has the ebay tuneithoonit, hes a good seller! They are fastrax arrows that i had for my ftx vantage that i havent used, im only going to  use the rx for road duties so they should be good! the rears are obviously a bit wider but diameter wise i reckon they are pretty much the same as the standard rx wheels

• Like 1

Yes they are.I don't know if I should get 4 fronts or 4 rears.Are the fronts the same width as the stock rx ones?I have ordered some alloy hexes aswell because I can't do the rear wheel nuts up tight without it locking up the rear wheels.

Edited by martin34

I really enjoy my Strada Rx, Definitely worth popping a 2s lipo in it for sure as my NiMH gave in pretty quick. The only other slight gripe I've had is the body is fairly fragile. As soon as I took it off road the front end had Chunks fly off fairly quick without crashes but that's also down to its low ground clearance

• Like 1

Yes I have a 2s here but need to work out how to switch the esc into lipo mode?The body is very brittle I agree.I clipped a curb and it cracked it very easily.I have just realised the esc is already set up for lipo.

Edited by martin34
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rjs1882 said:

It took me absolutely ages to figure out how to switch the ESC to lipo then realised it was already set 😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Yeah the manual doesn't make it clear but I know now so I will pop a 2s in it at the weekend and hopefully my hexes will turn up today so I can see if I can do the wheels up properly 👍

10 hours ago, Strugglecuddle7 said:

Maybe fabricate some wide arches ?

I might in the future and also the fronts hit the body when turning so the shell will need trimming.Its a shame as the look good and feel really grippy but the have to much offset.I need to find some like these but with 0 offset.I got the alloy hexes so at least I can do the rear wheels up properly now with no binding.

Edited by martin34
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Darren Frosty said:

I do a lot of parts for those if you need anything. https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/tuneithoonit

Thanks mate.I have already bought front and rear chassis brace,front and rear alloy hubs and the alloy disc hexes came yesterday.I will be after more parts from you soon👍

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

I think those wheels look great and really suit it :good:

ps ive heard of cooking the books but not a car :rofl:

Lol.Its the only place I can get a light enough picture 🙂.They look a lot more orange in real life.

Edited by martin34
  • Haha 1

Added a heatsink and got the alloy steering parts from tuneithoonit.I haven't taken the steering apart yet and wander if it has bushes that I can replace with bearings?With the stock set up it has a horrible amount of play.

20211204_074803.jpg