• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Recommended Transmitter for 4 Wheel Steering

Hugoagogo

Can anyone recommend a decent transmitter for 4 wheel steering? 

Is the bargain priced Flysky Gt5 any good or should I be looking at a Spectrum Dx5 Pro / Rugged or something in between (price wise). 

Obviously price is a consideration but if the Gt5 is likely to pack in after a few months and it's come from China, then returns would be an issue and perhaps I'd be better off spending more and order from the UK. 

What are people using and what are your thoughts? 

I'm planning on getting my Gmade R1 electrics off Santa and I'm going for a 4 WS build but it's all new to me. 

Planned Electrics:

Hobbywing 1080 ESC

HH 35 T  540 Trailmaster Sport

Power HD LF 20 Servos (not planning on going near water, plus red suits the colour scheme better than blue 😀)

Thanks in advance. 

Ima stick man myself and will be getting my old modified Turnigy x9 back off my mate to use with my crawlers….the flysky fs-i6 is another cheap option or any other programmable sticks tbh.

As far as cheap wheels “hacked” flysky gt3c seem to be popular or the gt5 as you already considered.

Don’t worry about China….everything comes from China initially anyway though ordering from the uk and paying the premium can get better warranty ofc 👍🏻

Been looking at the Gt5 on EBay and although it says UK stock all the company addresses are in China. 

I'd read a few negative reviews on Amazon which had put me off slightly, but as with everything on Amazon someone will give it only 1 star and slag it off.

Awful site, registered, added item to basket, got price down with a couple of codes, went to pay by PayPal, 'something' went wrong? Payment not taken, now when I use your link it says item can't be shipped to the selected country and stops me adding to my basket. 

Very confusing/ annoying. 

Yeah it’s a banggood type site but from individual sellers. They do however have actual customer service and payment is held from the seller until the item is delivered.

I would suggest the app, I always use the app. Sometimes cheaper prices and applies coupons automagically and stuff….

37007E94-0C03-4811-8007-E8B782C0A1FE.jpeg

Those ds servos have decent reviews tbh - I have recently acquired a couple of the 3225’s for my ravine and they seemed to work well for the hour or so I’ve used them. I believe the 3218 pro is suggested rather than the standard 3218 though if you prefer those 20kg ish ones.

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2021 at 13:32, Hugoagogo said:

Looking now, is it a Bangood type site or are they independent sellers? 

Having a quick look at the servos,  DS3218 20kg, anyone bought any before or is Power HD a safer bet? 

I’ve put two banggood 20kg servos in, excellent. Steering rods need upgrading though.

also have retired the kit so that the cables are not on the trailing arms. Have removed sponges and adde 50g to each wheel hub.

Found a spare receiver socket to put lights in. Will send pics soon.

• 1 month later...