• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Jackery 290 Portable Power Station

53HRA

Yes a very high one but it depends on the internal battery size 😂

There are many “portable power stations” available ranging from a leisure battery and a dc to ac inverter up to the  very very expensive.

Note - these aren’t new 👍🏻

• Like 1

So the Jackery gang has finally made it into rc YouTube is full of these can’t see how a company can make any money with the amount they give away, oh that’s right they charge a ludicrous amount to those that buy them 😂😂

so  if that has 290 watt hours and can output at 400w that means at full beans you get less than an hours use ?  Is that right ? 

or if my 12v fridge draws 70w an hour it will only get about 2 and a half hours of use from this  as you have to leave a percentage of charge in it ? 

These quite often work out at 100 quid per 100 watt hours, so the kilowatt version is about a grand, and probably quite heavy. 

They have their uses, but at a cost, that and the fact you'll need to recharge it from either a mains socket or run your car engine. 

I had a video sent to me a few months back that showed an electric mini digger, it only ran for two hours, then took eight to recharge it. Trouble is, the building site had no mains power, so they were running a diesel genny overnight! You couldn't make it up. 

I use one of these for camping (lights, fridge, phone charging etc ) and I love it - It lives in the car so it gets topped up as we go.  I'm new to RC but was hoping I'd be able to make some use of it for charging in the field...

18 hours ago, DRo said:

I use one of these for camping (lights, fridge, phone charging etc ) and I love it - It lives in the car so it gets topped up as we go.  I'm new to RC but was hoping I'd be able to make some use of it for charging in the field...

my thoughts exactly. :good: